ESET Smart Security 5.0.93.0

jalaffa

ok, thank you so, I can also put any other username and password? I can add it too?

don't put any username and password

purefix does all the needed work

if you put username and password then purefix will not work

ok!

Last question: why is the firewall of version 4 of ESET Smart Security made ​​all ports stealth, instead of putting strict protection with version 5 always gives me open port 135?

• Replies 59
  • Views 21.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well you have to close those ports with your firewall and choose to close 135, 137 and 139 manually.. by writing a custom rule for EPMAP, NetBIOS -SSN, DGM, & DN, Microsoft-DS in the Rules and Zones editor.. The rules written by default actually block some types of communication in the IDS sections for some of these areas but you do have to configure them.. and turn them on i some cases.. You also have to set the settings of those rules as well considering the Zones in which you allow traffic or explicitly deny it.. The problem is that this can possibly be circumvented if said application ran locally... gathered information within the Zone and then communicated it using another open port... as a relay of sorts.. Could also use Windows Firewall with Advanced Configuration as well to close open ports... with a companion program such as Windows 7Firewall Control, Windows Firewall Control and/or Windows Firewall Notifier... There are of course a few other options out there too.. Main thing is to keep you system functional..

Has anyone managed to access the advanced setup on eset 5 ? i keep getting an error then eset won't function til a reboot? any ideas?

Yes, I've got the same problem on Windows 7 x64. When I click on "Advanced setup..." I got an error and the ESET GUI Freeze. I must logoff/logon. To open "advanced setup..." menu I must click on SETUP -> Computer -> Configure... (under Real-time file system protection) and I have no error.

I tried to uninstall and reinstall ESS 5 but I've got the same problem. Before to install ESS 5 I had ESS 4.2 that worked very well. Another machine with Windows 7 x64 + ESS 5 has not this problem.

yep happened to me too, I uninstalled, deleed anything eset in my program files folder. went to hidden folder in my user/ appdata deleted eset there and then went in my regedit and did the same in a few of the trees. or maybe you can try the new extras feature on the new fix and remove all eset registry entries after you uninstall it. then try installing it again. but it worked for me on the second install.

not sure if this means anything,,,, but my first install with it having the above issue was with the purefixbeta. the second time when it worked was with the new final purefix

I used purefix 2.02 on first installation and I got the problem. I tried the "Clean all" function before reinstall ESS 5 but it didn't work. This evening I'll try to uninstall, delete reg keys manually, delete files on user/appdata and reinstall. I'll keep you updated.

P.S.

I got error with Antispam engine when I open Outlook 2010.

Ok, I solved the problem. After uninstall ESS 5 I opened RegSeeker and deleted all ESET entries on registry and all ESET entries on files (inside appdata and sysconfig) then I re-installed with purefix 2.02 and now it works perfectly. Thank you bowlingguy300 for your help :)

• Administrator

I Can't seem to access the modems internal web page with eset 5 the 192.168.100.1 page any ideas guyz? cheers

Yea somehow it was/is doing that on mine too. Try adding the router IP address in trusted zone. Advanced Settings > Network > Personal Firewall > Rules and Zones > Zone and rule editor > Setup > Zones tab > Trusted Zone > Edit > Add IPv4 Address > 192.168.100.1 (in your case) > OK.....

See if that solves it. :)

I Can't seem to access the modems internal web page with eset 5 the 192.168.100.1 page any ideas guyz? cheers

Yea somehow it was/is doing that on mine too. Try adding the router IP address in trusted zone. Advanced Settings > Network > Personal Firewall > Rules and Zones > Zone and rule editor > Setup > Zones tab > Trusted Zone > Edit > Add IPv4 Address > 192.168.100.1 (in your case) > OK.....

See if that solves it. :)

thanks for that DKT27 but it still just comes up with a white blank screen any more ideas it seemed to work if i installed eset with trial key then used purplebeanz fix in safe mode but then advanced setup was corrupted that way! :(

ok,thanks :)but then the OEM license until 2015 what is it?and why when I open windows live mail I get an error message of the antispam module? is normal?

thats eset problem not due to purefix

oem license till 2015 is only for cosmetic reasons

without enabling purefix the anti-spam module error does not occur.Therefore, it is a bug of purefix

without enabling purefix the anti-spam module error does not occur.Therefore, it is a bug of purefix

Read the troubleshooting guide in the readme :P

Archived