ESET Smart Security 5.0.93.0

jalaffa

• Replies 59
  • Views 21.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I kinna like the looks of version 5. but I went back to version 4. just seemed better. had a few programs not want to run right like that new HIPS was preventing something. I will try it maybe after the next version comes out. but to me version 4 just works fine and this says final, but still has a unfinished beta feel to it cant explain it.

• Administrator

I kinna like the looks of version 5. but I went back to version 4. just seemed better. had a few programs not want to run right like that new HIPS was preventing something. I will try it maybe after the next version comes out. but to me version 4 just works fine and this says final, but still has a unfinished beta feel to it cant explain it.

You can set HIPS to "interactive mode" or disable it if you want. Additionally, you can add a "Rule" to allow your software. :)

Reason I'm saying this is I'm not sure if they are going to make major changes to HIPS right away.

You know when 3 came out there were a ton of people who didn't like it.. and had issues with it.. 4 ironed out the wrinkles.. ( some still hated it because it required more work and if not applied did not render proper results ) for the most part.. and this 5 version from what I can see if turning into a 3.. :P New integration by ESET usually runs this way.. and unfortunately last time it did take quite awhile for them to make major programmatic changes which gave us a more efficient suite... SO I would be willing to agree.. I like the new interface as well.. I see a few small points which could change but minor stuff.. Like the lines in the background.. This I think would look a little better if it was a bit simpler... and there was something about the cloud icons..

I get torn as well between user experience and skill as far as being able to set this thing up... and use it.. some of it is the same issues I remember when new features were introduced.. Like people who moved from 2 to 4... Was a whole new game for them..So in some ways I would guess at probability.. and say they were right.. but I have my doubts about it being that completely worthless.. Resource usage was always a way I could tell it had issues when initiating certain tasks.. but going on the Beta Feel as mentioned above..Only one way to find out I guess.. but I would like to wait on the BE..

PureFix 2.02 for ESET 4 and 5 --- FINAL VERSION

- ( Instructions already included in the file ).

Site: http://www.mediafire.com

Sharecode: /download.php?b99i7g3db8ex452

------------------------------

-: www.nsanedown.com :-

-: Instructions :-

=================================================

== REMOVE ANY EXISTING FIXES BEFORE PROCEEDING ==

=================================================

Installation instructions:

Option 1 (You have not yet installed your ESET product):

1. Run ESET PureFix and click enable.

2. Install your ESET product.

3. Optionally - Reboot.

Option 2 (You have already installed your ESET product):

1. Restart your computer in 'Safe Mode' either by clicking the 'Reboot in Safe Mode' button or following the intructions here - http://www.pchell.co.../safemode.shtml

2. Run ESET PureFix and click enable.

3. Reboot.

Removal instructions:

Option 1 (You are removing your ESET product completely):

1. Run ESET PureFix and click disable.

2. Uninstall your ESET product.

Option 2 (You only want to remove PureFix):

1. Restart your computer in 'Safe Mode' (you can use the safe mode option in the extras tab, or follow intructions here - http://www.pchell.co.../safemode.shtml)

2. Run ESET PureFix and click disable.

3. Reboot.

-: Troubleshooting :-

Some users are having issues with the Web Protection in ESET v5 (Mainly Windows 7 x64)

You can try the following installation method to overcome this:

1. Uninstall ESET 5 + Reboot (Only if ESET is installed)

2. Install ESET 5

3. Activate trial license(using any made up email address)

4. Force a manual update - this will come through at around 15mb

5. Reboot in safe mode and run PureFix

6. Restart into normal mode and run and update again - this will come through at around 35-40mb

-: Changelog :-

Changes in v2.02

*Icons updated

*Fixed minor compatibility issue with ESET 4

Changes in v2.01

*Added ESET 5 compatibility

*Major re-write of the entire fix

*Added 'Extras' menu

*New feature to force boot into safe mode

*New feature to clear old ESET registry entries

Changes in v1.52

*Bug fixed which was causing PureFix to falsely report 'failed' on non-english OS's.

*Removal of 'Upgrade to full version' watermark from the Update tab.

*Greying out of 'Upgrade to full version' under Advanced settings > Update.

-: Thanks/Credits :-

Thanks to PurplebeanZ ([email protected]) for creating this fix (and the instructions!).

-: End :-

Just now I was on the Eset site and saw that there is no offline installer, only live installer.

What's the deal? :blink:

//edit: Digital Signature: 9. ‎sept. ‎2011

Has anyone managed to access the advanced setup on eset 5 ? i keep getting an error then eset won't function til a reboot? any ideas?

Ever since I installed nod32 vers.5.0.93 I used Advanced Setup to fine tune the settings according to my preferences - with no problems at all .

You can access these settings in two ways :

- from main gui -> Setup -> Enter advanced setup

- right click system tray icon -> Advanced setup...

Has anyone managed to access the advanced setup on eset 5 ? i keep getting an error then eset won't function til a reboot? any ideas?

Yes, I've got the same problem on Windows 7 x64. When I click on "Advanced setup..." I got an error and the ESET GUI Freeze. I must logoff/logon. To open "advanced setup..." menu I must click on SETUP -> Computer -> Configure... (under Real-time file system protection) and I have no error.

I tried to uninstall and reinstall ESS 5 but I've got the same problem. Before to install ESS 5 I had ESS 4.2 that worked very well. Another machine with Windows 7 x64 + ESS 5 has not this problem.

purefix v2.02 working like a charm on my W7 x64 except for antispam engine error when i open Windows Live Mail.it's normal?

I wanted to ask what exactly does purefix.extend trial days?insert an OEM expired or working license?or other?.can anyone answer me?thanx :)

Yes, I've got the same problem on Windows 7 x64. When I click on "Advanced setup..." I got an error and the ESET GUI Freeze. I must logoff/logon. To open "advanced setup..." menu I must click on SETUP -> Computer -> Configure... (under Real-time file system protection) and I have no error.

I tried to uninstall and reinstall ESS 5 but I've got the same problem. Before to install ESS 5 I had ESS 4.2 that worked very well. Another machine with Windows 7 x64 + ESS 5 has not this problem.

yep happened to me too, I uninstalled, deleed anything eset in my program files folder. went to hidden folder in my user/ appdata deleted eset there and then went in my regedit and did the same in a few of the trees. or maybe you can try the new extras feature on the new fix and remove all eset registry entries after you uninstall it. then try installing it again. but it worked for me on the second install.

not sure if this means anything,,,, but my first install with it having the above issue was with the purefixbeta. the second time when it worked was with the new final purefix

yep happened to me too, I uninstalled, deleed anything eset in my program files folder. went to hidden folder in my user/ appdata deleted eset there and then went in my regedit and did the same in a few of the trees. or maybe you can try the new extras feature on the new fix and remove all eset registry entries after you uninstall it. then try installing it again. but it worked for me on the second install.

not sure if this means anything,,,, but my first install with it having the above issue was with the purefixbeta. the second time when it worked was with the new final purefix

I used purefix 2.02 on first installation and I got the problem. I tried the "Clean all" function before reinstall ESS 5 but it didn't work. This evening I'll try to uninstall, delete reg keys manually, delete files on user/appdata and reinstall. I'll keep you updated.

P.S.

I got error with Antispam engine when I open Outlook 2010.

purefix v2.02 working like a charm on my W7 x64 except for antispam engine error when i open Windows Live Mail.it's normal?

I wanted to ask what exactly does purefix.extend trial days?insert an OEM expired or working license?or other?.can anyone answer me?thanx :)

anybody can answer me? :)

purefix locks the trial days

no commercial license or oem license

its uses evaluation update server

purefix locks the trial days

no commercial license or oem license

its uses evaluation update server

ok,thanks :)but then the OEM license until 2015 what is it?and why when I open windows live mail I get an error message of the antispam module? is normal?

ok,thanks :)but then the OEM license until 2015 what is it?and why when I open windows live mail I get an error message of the antispam module? is normal?

thats eset problem not due to purefix

oem license till 2015 is only for cosmetic reasons

thats eset problem not due to purefix

oem license till 2015 is only for cosmetic reasons

ok, thank you so, I can also put any other username and password? I can add it too?

ok, thank you so, I can also put any other username and password? I can add it too?

don't put any username and password

purefix does all the needed work

if you put username and password then purefix will not work

Archived