• ESET
    • Kaspersky
    • McAfee
    • Norton
    • Panda
    • Threatfire
    • Trend Micro
    • Other, please specify

The other poll was a bit old, so Cultivator suggested making a new one, here it is :D (Alphabetically ordered choices this time ;))

Please vote :)

• Replies 146
  • Views 27.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
SacredCultivator

Thanks, and I hope I didn't go out of line to 'reproduce' a previous thread like this.

Anyway, as I mentioned there, switched from ESET over to Avira.

Suggestions are never out of line, unless I say so :D Nah, seriously, anything can be suggested :)

I voted for ESET, still ;) (Avira is a bit too radical in cleaning if you ask me, it won't let me get any of my cracks :frusty: )

SacredCultivator

^I know what you mean =P, as I find it annoying to, but I can deal with it. (Personally I chose it due to tests being done and it ranking at the top (Hehe from ssupdater)... And I don't really have any complaints about it cept for as you mentioned about the Cracks.

I Loved Norton'S 2009 range of products, they are blazingly fast...

Currently using Norton 360 ver 3 OEM ...

ESET Smart Security ... that's the only line of real-time defense on my system in addition to router firewall. Light on resources, effective, hasn't let anything in (I haven't let many shots on goal either though).

Infinite_Vision

Eset NOD32. Don't trust no one but them. Good experiences and light on resources.

• 1 month later...
Bolt_Gundam510

Norton for me, trend micro screwed my computer up when i tryed to take it out. it was dam hard getting rid of all the back files of that program. Macfee for get it messed my computer up even worse. at least with norton it don't screw it up or any thing at least well to me any ways.

• 4 weeks later...

Kaspersky 2010 v9

this new version is quicker and consumes less resources than nod32, believe it! ;)

I use Norton on my laptop and main PC. the 2009 line is really impressive and nothing like previous versions which made it have a bad name. the 2010 line looks to be even better (hopefully).

• 1 month later...

I am using ESET SMART SECURITY at the moment,but if that causes me any problems in the future I wll go back to Norton Internet Security with Box's NTR.With BOX thankfully here on the site i wll get the latest NTR's for sure :D

Kaspersky 2010 v9

this new version is quicker and consumes less resources than nod32, believe it! :D

I am a user of this version, and a big fan of Kaspersky too, but honestly, I believe that this version sux... The 2009 (V8) was far better; even considering downgrading! But really, kaspersky has always consumed lots of memory since version 7. Probably this statement might be true for v6, which I still think is the best version Kaspersky ever created.

Honestly, I've seen this version taking up more memory resources than Norton 2009! And I would assume it takes more memory that NOD32 too.

Peace.

• Administrator

Now on ESET Nod32 AV only.

I've liked NOD32 for a long time, but after about 15 minutes of idle time on Vista Home Premium with SP2 installed, it freezes the system. After un-installing it, no problems. I'd like to keep using NOD32 Antivirus, but with it hanging my system, I can't...

• Administrator

How many programs do you have durin startup? Have you tried to disabled all of the schedule things in ESET?

I'd have to check, but I think there's easily less than 10 things that run during startup. The only schedule things I had for ESET to run was the default schedules and the NodLogin schedule I created.

Processor, RAM...?

The settings in ESS can be overdone.. so when you have advanced heuristics turned on for all aspects, instead of just the one yo need the most, it will effect system performance.. there are several notes about this when setting it up... You should also be checking that your registry and system maintenance are up to par...

Archived