Video editing help

johndoe

Hi, I have a home video of my daughter's first birthday party from last year that I would like to edit by which I mean remove the voices of the people and replace with children's songs or rhymes and such. Since i've previously no interest and consequently no experience of video editing, could somebody guide me with some tools to do this? i'd be great if the tools that were suggested were small in size and not that resource intensive...

to reiterate, i don't need to edit the video portion at all, just replace the soundtrack with songs.

thanks

• Replies 4
  • Views 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Try Sony Sound Forge.. it is supposed to do that.. not bad on resources but depending on your system.. all of these operations my be exactly that.. Vegas may be another option but it gets little more focused on video.. after you open it, save it as another file first.. that way you can work form the duplicate and not do anything to the original..

Thanks! Gonna try it one of these days... that was from her first birthday... still haven't done anything about that video. She'll 2 this month :D

an easy solution is the Windows Live Movie Maker .

its simple , easy and gives some good results .

from what i can understand , you want to mask away the public and audience clatter with music ,

and thats easy in WLMM .

just open the video file in the Movie Maker and it would automatically display the audio and video tracks of the file .

now you can easily play with them .

just drag and drop the song you want to add to the video , at the exact point in timeline in the Window ,

Exact Point being the point where you want to mask the default recorded sounds .

done ...! :)

you can play with the options , like duration of track , fade in , fade out etc .....

its easy ...

just try and you would get a hold of it ....

;)

Archived