Youtube views and stuff

elohelomg

I've seen those "span bots?" going around youtube, posting random crap and what not, and I was wondering, could those bots be used to increase video view count?

I would also like to know if there are any "safe" ways of getting the view count up, on a constant basis, aside from telling people to look at em' lol

• Replies 6
  • Views 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator

Staff Note: Moved to The Chat Bar. I'm not quite sure but it does seem the chat bar is correct for this matter. :)

There used to be tools that would use random proxies and request for the videos. But I don't think Youtube guys can't understand that. :P

• Administrator

would you happen to know any names?

Nah. Well, I did play with those tools couple of years back, I think I even kept them until I reformatted the last time. But have a bad memory and it's unlikely that those will work now.

Also as I said, Youtube knows this stuff happening and would have probably did many things to avoid any abuse. Dunno, they would probably banning the accounts too.

Now, if you want to do it on the bots level, you'll probably need to hack people's computers. :P

Archived