shought

aXXo  

46 members have voted

1. 1. Do you know aXXo?

• I know aXXo and use his torrents
    • I know aXXo and don't use his torrents
    • Never heard of him
    • I don't use torrents

I was wondering how many of you know aXXo, the (in)famous DVDripper. He uses torrents so if you don't please vote for 'I don't use torrents'.

I used his releases allot, they're always fine.

• Replies 31
  • Views 9.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I was wondering how many of you know aXXo, the (in)famous DVDripper.

He is more famous than infamous...

know him...

know him...

He's famous amongst us, but infamous amongst the people that produce the movies.

know him...

He's famous amongst us, but infamous amongst the people that produce the movies.

What do you mean with that?? Just tell me, do you know anyone (who's in the download-scene) that doesn't know are heared about axxo? Interview with axxo

know him...

What do you mean with that?? Just tell me, do you know anyone (who's in the download-scene) that doesn't know are heared about axxo? Interview with axxo

I mean that the people who produce/make/play in the movies(so not in the download-scene) wouldn't like him... They're probably for arresting him, so for that i put the '(in)' in.

cant say i ever heard of him and i use torrents for downloads quite often.i will have to look closer i reckon.

LemonHead2089

i've heard of aXXo. great dvd rips. i'd recommend his releases. i think he's done releasing them out on torrents though

saw this today

.torrentfreak.com — A few weeks ago we reported that the popular DVD ripper aXXo decided to take a break and stopped releasing new material for the time being. Around the same time a new face entered the non-scene scene and whenever people searched for aXXo torrents, KLAXXON rips started to appear.

saw this today

.torrentfreak.com — A few weeks ago we reported that the popular DVD ripper aXXo decided to take a break and stopped releasing new material for the time being. Around the same time a new face entered the non-scene scene and whenever people searched for aXXo torrents, KLAXXON rips started to appear.

Yes, that's right. I believe aXXo got into problems with the autorities, but i can't be sure.

The DVD ripper aXXo is without a doubt one of the most popular DVD-rippers. Even though he hasn’t been active since November 2007, his rips are still widely used, even by commercial outlets such as the John Lewis store. They must have thought, “Why use a real DVD if we can use a pirated movie for free?”

The aXXo rip was shown on an iMac displayed on an Apple stand at a John Lewis store. A member of the Hexus forums discovered this remarkable promotional material, and writes: “So I was in my local John Lewis store a week or so back, and I was checking out their new little Apple mac area, which had lots of Macs on display, with some desks setup and other accessories. They also had some wall mounted iMacs. Imagine my surprise when getting closer to one of them to see ‘Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man’s Chest’ - ripped by Axxo playing.”

axxo-detail.jpg

apple-stand.jpg

Using a ripped DVD is bit odd because this is certainly not the best promotional material. Regular DVDs or free HD-content looks much better on an iMac monitor. One thing is clear though, aXXo’s presence has now moved beyond the Internet, and for him it must be flattering to see that commercial outlets appreciate his work. Perhaps this might motivate him to return? The last official aXXo torrent was uploaded November 11, after that it has been awfully quiet. There were rumors that he got caught, others said he had an accident. However, the official statement is that he decided to take a break.

Thanks for your the info zeus. I never heard about KLAXXON either...

Meh, most of his "rips" -if not all- are re-encodes of scene releases.. So why in heck would I download my movies in worse quality?

I don't get why he's so popular...

Meh, most of his "rips" -if not all- are re-encodes of scene releases.. So why in heck would I download my movies in worse quality?

The people not into the 'scene' want movies too, you know.

Well, almost all scene releases are available on public trackers too, even before aXXo torrents appear.. ;)

Seems like newbs dl one rls from him and think they're all good then since they don't know the diff between scene & nonscene releases.. Guess that's what made him popular.. What a shame..

Well some do come out real clear and some come out crappy lol but thats as close as you can get before the real thing ;)

Well, almost all scene releases are available on public trackers too, even before aXXo torrents appear.. ;)

Seems like newbs dl one rls from him and think they're all good then since they don't know the diff between scene & nonscene releases.. Guess that's what made him popular.. What a shame..

Which releases are the real scene releases then? Name some. I'd be happy to check those out. I thought aXXo just got the dvd's somewhere himself and ripped them, but since you say he doesn't you should be able to tell me where he gets those movies then, right?

Some scene groups: DiAMOND, PUKKA, DMT, SAPHiRE, iMBT, FLAiTE, DOMiNO, XanaX, FiCO, NeDiVx, HLS, mVs, DoNE, DIMENSION...

It's really hard to write down all of them, there are so much groups in the scene, sometimes you'll find some ind (independent) releases too..

And few of the above mentioned groups also release R5s (sources are dvds released in russia earlier than elsewhere, they're actually very good telecines by the studios themselves, but most of the time they're dubbed, so the group gets english audio from elsewhere and sync it with the rls), DVD Screeners & telesyncs, tho I tried to pick groups that at least sometimes release dvdrips.. Actually I think PUKKA doesn't.. Oh well, lol.. There's so much in scene I can't explain now (nukes, propers, internal releases etc), so..

Well, if you want easy informative sources for scene release torrents with some picture samples etc you should check out "rlslog" & "vcdquality".. Just google them, don't remember if "advertising" other sites was ok with rules, hope so.. :)

Some scene groups: DiAMOND, PUKKA, DMT, SAPHiRE, iMBT, FLAiTE, DOMiNO, XanaX, FiCO, NeDiVx, HLS, mVs, DoNE, DIMENSION...

It's really hard to write down all of them, there are so much groups in the scene, sometimes you'll find some ind (independent) releases too..

And few of the above mentioned groups also release R5s (sources are dvds released in russia earlier than elsewhere, they're actually very good telecines by the studios themselves, but most of the time they're dubbed, so the group gets english audio from elsewhere and sync it with the rls), DVD Screeners & telesyncs, tho I tried to pick groups that at least sometimes release dvdrips.. Actually I think PUKKA doesn't.. Oh well, lol.. There's so much in scene I can't explain now (nukes, propers, internal releases etc), so..

Well, if you want easy informative sources for scene release torrents with some picture samples etc you should check out "rlslog" & "vcdquality".. Just google them, don't remember if "advertising" other sites was ok with rules, hope so.. :)

I'm familiar withsome of these groups, but also almost always seems to do a better job than the ones i know. His releases are always dvdrips. I don't know if he's copying other releases and if he is i think he should mention the group he got it from, but his releases are always good quality so thats why he is so popular i guess...

• 8 months later...

I think AXXO is the best ripper out there on net i always download his rips as you don't have to worry about the quality of rip also AXXO and Demonoid are unbeatable combination. :dance2: :dance2: :dance2:

• 2 weeks later...

aXXo is the best dvd ripper i've seen at the moment

I'll hope he could keep up the great job he's doing for us.

Archived