Wireless Laptop/PC to Wall-mounted TV

vin3e

Good morning guys,

9am here in UK and I was hoping someone could enlighten me to what type of technology devices I might need to stream video or images to a wall mounted TV wireless. The distance between the TV and Laptop will be, at most, 3 - 4 metres.

Any recommendations?

We also have to purchase a new TV so would I have to look out for a specific specification?

I've googled numerous times and I've come up with USB adapters 1 for each but I cant seem to find any decent reviews about the quality of the stream.

We dont have a tight budget but the cheaper the better for either the TV or the wireless connection.

I would highly appreciate any input :)

• Replies 7
  • Views 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

if i guess what you mean ,

then you would want to wireless'ly stream media from your pc / laptop to your TV ? !

if so ,

i would recommend --- Asus O!Play Air Mini,

Asus O!Play Air

its a media player , with full support for almost all the formats required to enjoy a seamless HD media experience .

has loads of connectivity options and many features ..

i think it should serve the purpose ....

have a look and tell ....

(p.s.--- it reviewed as good too . both models .... ;) )

• Administrator

Wow. Didn't know if this type of thing even existed. Thanks for the info majithia. :)

I use a Sony PS3 for that, in the PC I use PS3 Media Server. I think that Windows Media Player, Nero or TVersity can stream viedo to the PS3 too. Mediatomb also works very well if you have Linux in your PC, but is not as easy to configure.

I will take a look. Legend! Thank you very much.

ur welcome ..... :)

Wow. Didn't know if this type of thing even existed. Thanks for the info majithia. :)

:)

( just a little knowledge from a self confessed media geek ... :)

Look for a TV which is DLNA certified. I think all Smart TVs are DLNA certified. DLNA certified devices basically scans your network (wired/wireless) for shared multimedia files so you can play it on your TV.

If you already have a computer/laptop where your multimedia files are stored, you can make it a DLNA certified media server -> HOWTO.

Other options are using a DLNA certified Network Attached Storage (NAS) or a media player as suggested by majithia23.

Good luck and happy viewing! :)

Archived