network topology

dock98

A network topology is how computers, printers, and other devices are connected over a network. It describes the layout of wires, devices, and routing paths. Essentially there are six different common topologies you should familiarize yourself with: Bus, Ring, Star, Extended Star, Hierarchical, and Mesh.

learn more here:

• 5 weeks later...
  • Replies 5
  • Views 893
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wonder why they added the extended star... That's just a combination of the star and the hierarchical structures. This way they could add an extended ring, mesh and bus too. Or a ring & star :P

I wonder why they added the extended star... That's just a combination of the star and the hierarchical structures. This way they could add an extended ring, mesh and bus too. Or a ring & star :P

why dont you ask them?

I wonder why they added the extended star... That's just a combination of the star and the hierarchical structures. This way they could add an extended ring, mesh and bus too. Or a ring & star ;)

why dont you ask them?

Since the link you posted leads to this:

Sorry. 404 Page Not Found

I'm sorry, but the post or page you're looking for could not be found. It could be because of our recent re-design.

Also because they don't seem to have some kind of a forum?

And of course i was just wondering if any of you knew why they did this...

Maybe they do have a particular reason for doing so, in that case i'd want to know it!

I'm not blaming you dock :P

Edit: I found you the new link: http://://learn-networking.com/network-design...etwork-topology

i didnt think you were,i just did not know the answer to yourquestion

Was just making sure you didn't took stuff like this as an insult. I've had people doing so and i guess i'd better be cautious than ending up in an argument about things like this.

Archived