Symantec Antivirus Corp and Endpoint

zeppos

I tried to install these AV's but encountered this problem : https://://forums.symantec.com/syment/board/me...p;message.id=14

i tried everything (cleaning with removal tool, cleaning registry, cleaning a possible corrupt Liveupdate folder etc ..... ) anybody with the same issues ?

needless to say I am in no position to send in an official complaint to Symantec :)

• Replies 10
  • Views 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I tried to install these AV's but encountered this problem : https://://://forums.symantec.com/syment/board...p;message.id=14

i tried everything (cleaning with removal tool, cleaning registry, cleaning a possible corrupt Liveupdate folder etc ..... ) anybody with the same issues ?

needless to say I am in no position to send in an official complaint to Symantec :)

I have no idea regarding your problem, but if i were you i would switch anti-virus. Symantec never was great and it sure isn't now, the detection rate has gone down and it uses a big part of your system resources. If you'd change anti-virus, you will probably have a much safer and faster system. Not commanding you to do anything just suggesting.

Hope i helped you with this piece of advice, and if i may do another suggestion: I'd suggest you use Eset NOD32 Anti-virus/Eset Smart Security. I used it for a long time now and never had any problems with it, it does a great job and is very light on system resources.

I tried to install these AV's but encountered this problem : https://://://://forums.symantec.com/syment/bo...p;message.id=14

I have no idea regarding your problem, but if i were you i would switch anti-virus. Symantec never was great and it sure isn't now, the detection rate has gone down and it uses a big part of your system resources. If you'd change anti-virus, you will probably have a much safer and faster system. Not commanding you to do anything just suggesting.

Hope i helped you with this piece of advice, and if i may do another suggestion: I'd suggest you use Eset NOD32 Anti-virus/Eset Smart Security. I used it for a long time now and never had any problems with it, it does a great job and is very light on system resources.

yes I agree I was using this until last week when nobody could upgrade the virus defs !!! Now i am with Avast ! I think it's a good choice ???

yes I agree I was using this until last week when nobody could upgrade the virus defs !!! Now i am with Avast ! I think it's a good choice ???

Uhm i wouldn't know, never used it. But ESS DOES update(3.0.621 trial version) and if you use KM92's server it'll update for sure.

"Symantec never was great and it sure isn't now, the detection rate has gone down and it uses a big part of your system resources."

Shought sorry but I have to disagree on the Symantec remarks : it is very very light on system resources (even better than NOD32 according to users who managed to install this prog) and better in detection rate : check out the av-comparatives site !

Ppl I closed my server.

Go to LINK REMOVED to see the news :)

Thank you everybody who supported me while the server was online :(

..:: KM92 ::..

"Symantec never was great and it sure isn't now, the detection rate has gone down and it uses a big part of your system resources."

Shought sorry but I have to disagree on the Symantec remarks : it is very very light on system resources (even better than NOD32 according to users who managed to install this prog) and better in detection rate : check out the av-comparatives site !

Norton is a memory hog... lol

Yea norton is a memory hog... And zeppos most of the time NOD32 wins these av-comparative awards... But is norton stillthe same as symantec? Cous i haven't used it for a long, long time. So i wouldn't know the improvements. But i thought there was no way of fixing that mess. Maybe they're better now but i doubt it, normally(used to be) when you wanted to install, it leaved all kind of stuff on your pc. Sometimes even causing the computer to stop booting into windows :dance2:

bearoninternet
Symantec and Norton AVs are different stuff.

:dance2: Symantec are the makers of norton av.

Norton was taken over by symantec years ago.

Thats when it all went downhill imo.

I just visited their www. I used their AV way ago and it was GOOD ;) Symantec I mean. I thought they keep marketing it, but it seems it's all about the Norton name now. It seems though that they still have products like Symantec Endpoint Protection where I'm not 100% but I think they still use the old-renewed Symantec AV. Maybe someone using it knows better.

Archived