after closing emule

myidisbb

other p2p ips trying to connect after closing emule. i understand because of queue that others would still be looking to get a file from you even after closing emule. i have notice on peerguardian they keep doing that for hours even after rebooting. is this normal? (im guessing from queues on poeple being in the 100's and 1000's ranges) if i have emule close can these people even get a file part from me? peerguardian lists most as "allowed" since they are from people not on the block list.

oh looks like fsp got their own special fsp-k-lite versin now. but i think nsane's one is still better.

• Replies 3
  • Views 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
other p2p ips trying to connect after closing emule.  i understand because of queue that others would still be looking to get a file from you even after closing emule.  i have notice on peerguardian they keep doing that for hours even after rebooting.  is this normal?  (im guessing from queues on poeple being in the 100's and 1000's ranges)  if i have emule close can these people even get a file part from me?  peerguardian lists most as "allowed" since they are from people not on the block list. 

oh looks like fsp got their own special fsp-k-lite versin now.  but i think nsane's one is still better.

shareaza connects to ed2k and it tends to hold on to dead sources longer, i think mldonkey keeps hammering too.

shareaza connects to ed2k and it tends to hold on to dead sources longer, i think mldonkey keeps hammering too.

thank you. thast what i thought and figured. i tend to emule for days at times. (no music or new movies etc) lately my d/l been around 30-50. not in the 100's like i usually have. dont know why. even with newsgroups shut off. anyway, i guess you would call them pings since the program is closed. 12 + hours of them it look like. queues that long are pointless. since the program is closed (emule) they shouldnt be actually able to get anything right? (with ip blocker on or off) right?

Guest tensegg

I think its Other emule clients l keeping track of the machines in the network. When you shutdown, they won't all be notified, so will keep trying to reach you. I am pretty sure nothing goes out, but i dont use the mule so i dont really know. you should be able to check though, with your firewall or netstat if the connections are active.

Archived