Avira 12 beta

morteza

• Replies 15
  • Views 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
SacredCultivator

Any whereabouts as to when it might be released?

Any whereabouts as to when it might be released?

4 October 2011 ^_^

Avira Premium 2012 Beta - http://www.mediafire.com/?6iqey4afo1rpey6

You'll need to get yourself an Avira Premium beta license. I cannot post mine as I don't know if it contains any personal information, but you can try searching for hbedv.key.

If you locate a key:

Install the beta (you will get an error because of no license and Avira will close when finished installing)

Re-start Avira and go into the expert config settings

Under the General section go to the Security sub-section

UN-tick Protect files and registry entries from manipulation and apply changes (do not reboot as prompted)

Completely close Avira

Navigate to Aviras program folder and rename the existing hbedv.key to hbedv.key.bak

Copy your beta key to Aviras program folder

Restart Avira and RE-tick Protect files and registry entries from manipulation from the top select Update/Start product update

Reboot your PC when finished

My only question: Does its "Always ignore" button now actually mean always ignore?

I don't know of any "always ignore" button in Avira, but I've never had any issues with adding things to it's exclusion list.

My only question: Does its "Always ignore" button now actually mean always ignore?

I don't know of any "always ignore" button in Avira, but I've never had any issues with adding things to it's exclusion list.

When it flags a file as suspect and displays a window about it, one of the eventual choices you have, along with "Ignore," is "Always Ignore." Believe it or not, that means just until you reboot. Yes, you can take the less convenient route and go into the UI and manually add it to the exclusion list that you're talking about, but if they're going to have something called "Always Ignore" they should mean it.

When it flags a file as suspect and displays a window about it, one of the eventual choices you have, along with "Ignore," is "Always Ignore." Believe it or not, that means just until you reboot. Yes, you can take the less convenient route and go into the UI and manually add it to the exclusion list that you're talking about, but if they're going to have something called "Always Ignore" they should mean it.

There is only an "ignore", no "always ignore" option exists. Not on the beta and I'm pretty sure it was never on the release versions either.

Archived