Which navi-system brand would you recommend?

Olexijl

Hello guys,

My father's navigation system Garmin (which is already 6 years old) decided to go mad, so he would like to buy a new one. Now we have a question, which brand and model are reliable and what should we buy?

I have searched Garmin with Lifetime Maps Update but i do not know if this is really easy to use. TomTom's new model Go Live 1000 should be great but on connection with PC it requires MyTomTom (not TomTom Home) so this should be crap either.

The price is important too, the max price should be about 200 EUR.

• Replies 5
  • Views 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

ive had no problem with my garmin, was the old one dropped at some point? what do you mean by "decided to go mad"?

I was shortly on my vacation. This was in Schwarzwald/Black forest. See Google Maps

My father drove some about 500 km, this goes to Freiburg and is near Basel, Switzerland. But our navi wanted to Strassbourg, this is France!? My father was very surprised seeing french shields to Strassbourg so we were in France for short time and drove away to Germany again.

After being on vacation, back to my home my father lost to his 6 years old Garmin any trust. We want to have navi with updated maps material and without need to drive to France if wanted to Italy (as example).

I think Garmin NUVI are suites for that, but you need reliable map too, there are many map compatible with garmin

regards,

Archived