hidden administrator account on vista

dock98

Many people familiar with prior versions of Windows are curious what happened to the built-in Administrator account that was always created by default. Does this account still exist, and how can you access it?

The account is created in Windows Vista, but since it's not enabled you can't use it. If you are troubleshooting something that needs to run as administrator, you can enable it with a simple command.

catch the rest here

• Replies 5
  • Views 813
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Many people familiar with prior versions of Windows are curious what happened to the built-in Administrator account that was always created by default. Does this account still exist, and how can you access it?

The account is created in Windows Vista, but since it's not enabled you can't use it. If you are troubleshooting something that needs to run as administrator, you can enable it with a simple command.

catch the rest here

Thanks for this shortcut. I use the administrator account all the time. So this will shorten my vista setup time.

you can also type the command in the run box and admin account will appear on reboot

Also..

Change the properties of the Administrator account by using the Local Users and Groups MMC console.

Open the MMC console and select Local Users and Groups.

Right-click the Administrator account and select Properties. The Administrator Properties window appears.

On the General tab, uncheck the Account is Disabled box.

Close the MMC console.

Administrator access is now enabled.

There is also a way to skip user creation screen and loggin as Admin directly.

Wait while setup continues it will copy and expand windows file and install features (it will restart several times)

You come the "Set Up Windows" Screen. Do not enter user name or password or click Next or you will have to continue with a complete manual setup. Instead you will jump right to Audit mode.

To enter Audit mode hit CTRL+SHIFT+F3 and wait for system to reboot. This skips the user welcome experience and log you onto the desktop as Administrator.

Also..

Change the properties of the Administrator account by using the Local Users and Groups MMC console.

Open the MMC console and select Local Users and Groups.

Right-click the Administrator account and select Properties. The Administrator Properties window appears.

On the General tab, uncheck the Account is Disabled box.

Close the MMC console.

Administrator access is now enabled.

There is also a way to skip user creation screen and loggin as Admin directly.

Wait while setup continues it will copy and expand windows file and install features (it will restart several times)

You come the "Set Up Windows" Screen. Do not enter user name or password or click Next or you will have to continue with a complete manual setup. Instead you will jump right to Audit mode.

To enter Audit mode hit CTRL+SHIFT+F3 and wait for system to reboot. This skips the user welcome experience and log you onto the desktop as Administrator.

good thought z,however i dont think i want to use the admin account all the time.this gives me a choice

Archived