recommend cordless vacuum for pc

RAZOR0018

Anyone know a decent cordless battery powered hand vacuum for getting dust out of a tower. I don't want to use one of those compressed air cans that just blow air around into even darker harder to reach sections of the tower. But I also don't want to use a vacuum that is to powerful. So far the voltages I am aware of are 4.8V, 7.2V, and 15.6V. Preferably a vacuum I can buy from common electronics store like circuit city or best buy. Thanks in advance

• Replies 7
  • Views 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've had good experience with a soft brush for fans and other hard to clean places plus a normal vacuum cleaner.

I don't really see the need for a small battery powered one, but maybe others can give you some advice on one of those.

Anyone know a decent cordless battery powered hand vacuum for getting dust out of a tower. I don't want to use one of those compressed air cans that just blow air around into even darker harder to reach sections of the tower. But I also don't want to use a vacuum that is to powerful. So far the voltages I am aware of are 4.8V, 7.2V, and 15.6V. Preferably a vacuum I can buy from common electronics store like circuit city or best buy. Thanks in advance

YIKES!!!!!

NEVER USE A VACUUM in a computer!!!!!!

Vacuum cleaners create a very powerful static charge because of the fast moving molecules, and as we all should know...static is a MAJOR electronic component killer. If you don't believe me, just look at how pet hair and dust are attracted to the outside casing on any vacuum cleaner, that's because of a static buildup. Always use canned air, dehumidified is best, and always in short bursts. You can use soft bristled brushes, like a paint brush, to clean heatsinks and fan blades, but always stroke Slowly so as not to build up a charge with that either. Drag the bristles thru the heatsink instead of using any brushing stroke. Of course fan blades you can be more aggresive with your stroke, but please don't stick a vacuum attachment inside your PC Case!!! Just asking for trouble doing that...

You can direct the air flow from a can with those little straws, to blow the dust bunnies out in the direction you want, and there really isn't any "darker harder to reach places" that compressed air can't remove from. Dust will not enter any sensitive areas, it usually falls to the bottom of the case and is easily removed from there, or is blown straight out.

bearoninternet

I'd say; stick with the compressed air can.

If you really dont want to, you might search a wife with good suction power :dance2:

If you really dont want to, you might search a wife with good suction power :party:

OOOOOOOOooooooohhhhhhhhhhhhhh......my Gawd!!!!

LOL!!!

I dunno bearoninternet...don't you think that might also cause a lot of "Static"?? ;)

Bolt_Gundam510

well what Bear said you can use the air in the can but i would use it in short bursts so as to not damage or buld up any static charges though, as for the wife that sucks i am going to let that one fly.

If you really dont want to, you might search a wife with good suction power :D

i once knew a girl like that but i don't think she was married.seems it would be dangerous to have someone like that all the time.

Archived