Nokia 500 Inquiry

Tweety.Abd

Hey!

I'm planning to buy my first smart phone, and I'm thinking of buying Nokia 500 since it's good budget smartphone and has most of the features I'd want to have in my phone. However, I'd like to know what you guys think about the phone, and possibly if you guys could suggest me an alternative phone which is in the same price range of Nokia 500 and is touch-screen.

If you want the specs of Nokia 500, here it is: http://www.gsmarena.com/nokia_500-4085.php

Thank you!

• Replies 9
  • Views 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

One comment says it doesn't have a GPU, so if you're intent on gaming, you might have problems. What price would this be?

May suggest you check the following thread, I was discussing the same topic (budget smartphone) and you should find useful information in it :)

One comment says it doesn't have a GPU, so if you're intent on gaming, you might have problems. What price would this be?

Thanks for the information, and no, I'm not going to play games on the phone. Playing games on the computer is much better :) I'm assuming this phone would be $160, but I think it'll be cheaper than that.

May suggest you check the following thread, I was discussing the same topic (budget smartphone) and you should find useful information in it :)

http://www.nsaneforu...rtphone-choice/

Yes, I went through the thread, but the phones discussed exceeds my allocated budget which is about $160 - $170.

Yes, I went through the thread, but the phones discussed exceeds my allocated budget which is about $160 - $170.

Well, check this search list from GSMArena, it's teh result of a search for all phones between 100~200 USD and use Android OS, hope that helps:

http://bit.ly/p4ymkX

Well, check this search list from GSMArena, it's teh result of a search for all phones between 100~200 USD and use Android OS, hope that helps:

http://bit.ly/p4ymkX

I checked out the phones, but none as good as Nokia 500, so I'll just keep looking.

I checked out the phones, but none as good as Nokia 500, so I'll just keep looking.

Well, I checked the Nokia 500, it's not bad but it's still a Symbian phone which is a huge disadvantage, trust me. I had a couple of Symbian phones and when I upgraded to my current Android smartphone, the difference is HUGE.

So, my advice is you want a "phone" then the Nokia 500 isn't a bad deal at all, but if you want a "smartphone" then pick anything that runs Android, even if it has lower specs, just my two cents.

Well, I checked the Nokia 500, it's not bad but it's still a Symbian phone which is a huge disadvantage, trust me. I had a couple of Symbian phones and when I upgraded to my current Android smartphone, the difference is HUGE.

So, my advice is you want a "phone" then the Nokia 500 isn't a bad deal at all, but if you want a "smartphone" then pick anything that runs Android, even if it has lower specs, just my two cents.

Thanks for your reply. You've said that the difference is huge between Symbian and Andriod, I'd like to know what are the major feature advantage of Andriod over Symbian Anna?

Thanks for your reply. You've said that the difference is huge between Symbian and Andriod, I'd like to know what are the major feature advantage of Andriod over Symbian Anna?

Android is very customizable with a very large active community, so you'll be able to find A LOT of useful applications and entertaining games. That's just the tip of the iceberg, I suggest you read more about Android.

Android is very customizable with a very large active community, so you'll be able to find A LOT of useful applications and entertaining games. That's just the tip of the iceberg, I suggest you read more about Android.

Okay, I'm convinced of Andriod's superiority over Symbian OS. I did extensive research and I've made up my mind, I'll go for an Andriod powered phone, but the thing is that Andriod phones are more expensive than Symbian, but I'll go for Andriod. I've looked up Andriod phones, and I'm considering to buy HTC Wildfire, http://www.gsmarena.com/htc_wildfire-3337.php It's the only phone which has all the features I need and Andriod powered, but the only disadvantage would be the low CPU power, but I think I can live with that. I'd like to read your comments about the HTC Wildfire.

Thanks

Archived