Do you use wot firefox add on?

mrkool123

• Replies 14
  • Views 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator

At times, it helps. Blocks bad website. Some people have made big accusations against them (similar with Siteadvisor). Overall, considering all the aspects, it's OK, good to have.

I always felt it slowed down the browser.. when I tested and used it.. Blocked MySpace.com.. so it can't be all bad.. :rolleyes:

can`t say it`s perfect. it has it`s ups and downs...better "false positives" than nothing ;)

grouchysmurf

Thank you for this. I had not heard of this add on, so I am going to look.

The only things I use now as precautions are adblock and noscript.

---------------------------------

Back again. Ok, found and installed the Web of Trust ring, settings set to basic, and did not add the search engine.

Gave it a test drive, and I am keeping in. Seems to work well, and has not slowed me down.

Especially for software website, there are much fake-comments. You`ll have knack after

a specific time on how to interpret some of the reputations on WOT. Not all are justified

(good or bad) but that is the only negative point on that, so it`s very helpful in most cases.

I think it's safe to use, but I don't use it for personal reasons. Namely a substantial group of people dedicated to going around and lowering the ratings on perfectly legit sites just because they don't like them.

I think it slows down my browser a bit..

I personally used it for a while on Opera, but I got annoyed at some "detections" and comments on their site. So I uninstalled it after a week or so...

Archived