vLite'ing a Toshiba Laptop

vin3e

Hey guys,

I've heard and read comments about vLite'ing a vista installation to make it install less components to boost system performance.

I have a Toshiba Laptop with all the necessary drivers installed for the side keys and what not to work.

Would it be possible to reinstall the Vista with SP1 Integrated (Uploaded by someone on this forum) and then using DriverMAX to copy all the drivers I have now and do a fresh copy?

Also Ive seen nLite and all the components thta can be unchecked for installation. Could anyone familiar with whats needed tell me how I can optimize the installation to my needs. All I really need is to be able to play online games and all the other common stuff like, being able to work from my laptop using word etc. Programs such as Remote desktop, themes or any Disability settings can be removed.

Any help with a step by step explaination please?

• Replies 1
  • Views 757
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I've heard and read comments about vLite'ing a vista installation to make it install less components to boost system performance.
if your main goal is to improve performance you might get disappointed a little.

you might notice a performance boost, depending on your modifications, but it won't be a difference like night and day.

Would it be possible to reinstall the Vista with SP1 Integrated (Uploaded by someone on this forum) and then using DriverMAX to copy all the drivers I have now and do a fresh copy?
AFAIK vLite doesn't support integrating SP1 ATM.

but you can also get the service pack (RC) directly form MS anyway:

http://://://www.microsoft.com/downloads/deta...;displaylang=en

I haven't used DriverMAX, but I see no reason why you shouldn't be able to use it in your case.

however, you can also integrate drivers into your custom installation directly with vLite.

Also Ive seen nLite and all the components thta can be unchecked for installation. Could anyone familiar with whats needed tell me how I can optimize the installation to my needs.
a good way to test for yourself is making a custom install with vLite and then testing it in a virtual machine (e.g. with VMWare Workstation). just read the documentation first.
Any help with a step by step explaination please?
http://www.msfn.org/board/index.php?showforum=153

www.google.com

Archived