Mobile Broadband

Sonar

I'm from the UK.

Was just wondering which Mobile Broadband Network "Dongle" to go for? Prices I dont care about.

open to suggestions :-)

• Replies 4
  • Views 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm from the UK.

Was just wondering which Mobile Broadband Network "Dongle" to go for? Prices I dont care about.

open to suggestions :-)

Surprise.. crappy 3G is dah best for speed and actually coverage, also price is OK, support is just bearable, but possible too.

I'd like to suggest Huawei E372 & soon to be launced Huawei E392 cause they're the best in that class/category(3.5G/LTE) ;)

Here in Italy we are stuck with 3G (and where I live there's no so much coverage from Vodafone), so I bought a branded Huawei K3765, that got reflashed with a non-branded Mobile Partner...

Now I can use Vodafone's iphone.vodafone.it APN (priced as a WAP/GPRS connection) instead of web.vodafone.it (priced as a PC/modem connection) having anyway a public IP, obviously NATted, but with the plan I have, 50 cents/day for broadband (500 MB/month), SMS, MMS and calls to all Vodafone numbers, it's quite a bargain instead of 9 euros/month to have only 1 GB of data traffic.

Depends upon your location, im stuck out in the sticks but use Voda if necessary, can only pick up gprs here tho... as I say depends where ya are. I personally would go for voda, rates are pretty decent too!

Archived