GUIDE: How to Permanently Delete Your Facebook Account

nsane.forums

nsane.forums

A simple how-to guide for permanently deleting your Facebook account.

rYqXz.jpg

For some the love affair with Facebook eventually sours and they look for a way to end the relationship once and for all. Others are simply looking for a cooling off period to take a break from the seemingly endless barrage of pokes, emails, and Farmville notifications.

Either way, many would like to know how to delete or deactivate their account and Facebook, for obvious reasons, doesn't make the task easy. Hence, to help I've listed the basic steps below for doing both.

Also, it takes 14 days for Facebook to permanently delete your account in order to give you a chance to reconsider. So for those looking to immediately remove their Facebook account from the Internet deactivation is the only option since it happens the moment your press "Confirm."

How to Permanently Delete Your Facebook Account

1. Go HERE

Facebook doesn't have a direct method of submitting your request to permanently delete your Facebook account and so you have to segue through the Help Center.

2. Click the "submit" button to confirm you want to delete your account.

er1kG.png

3. Facebook will ask you to verify your password and submit a security check.

Je6aw.png

Facebook waits 14 days to permanently delete your Facebook account in order to give you time to reconsider. If you change your mind simply log in to your Facebook account and it will prompt you if you wish to undo the process.

Or if just want to take a break…

How to Deactivate Your Facebook Account

1. Go to "Account Settings" under the "Account" menu option on the right upper hand part of the screen.

2. Select "Security."

3. At the bottom select "Deactivate Your Account."

h4Hss.png

4. Select "Confirm."

zmrtH.png

5. Re-enter your password and submit the security check.

That's it. The process is done.

As I mentioned before, the benefit of deactivation is that it happens immediately. So, if your in a panic and trying to rid the Internet of your Facebook account you can use the one-two punch of deactivation and deletion as a solution.

view.gif View: Original Article

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 1
  • Views 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Might use this because I'm fed up with all those ads in Dutch language being displayed in my profile :lol:

KUKem.png

Something must be wrong with my Facebook account setup. Language is set to Norwegian, but...

Archived