Must have browser plugins

R0H1T

Below is a list of useful extensions for various browsers.

1) Dr.Web LinkChecker

Dr.Web LinkCheckers is a free plug-in that allows you to scan web pages and files downloaded from the Internet. Install the plug-in for your browser, and enjoy virus-free web surfing!

Dr.Web LinkChecker Features

• Scans web pages before they are opened
  • Warns users of social networking web-sites about following links to other sites and scans the linked content
  • Detects and checks malformed links
  • Scans downloadable Internet files
  • Detects viruses, Trojan horses, spyware, and other malicious objects
  • Checks links for scripts and frames
  • Checks links provided in e-mail messages processed by Mozilla Thunderbird
  • Dr.Web software is not required!
  • Scans files up to 12 MB in size!
  • Scans take just seconds!

Dr.Web LinkCheckers are included into Dr.Web distributions for Windows.
Download (all major browsers)
2) Noscript
The NoScript Firefox extension provides extra protection for Firefox, Seamonkey and other mozilla-based browsers: this free, open source add-on allows JavaScript, Java and Flash and other plugins to be executed only by trusted web sites of your choice (e.g. your online bank), and provides the most powerful Anti-XSS protection available in a browser.NoScript's unique whitelist based pre-emptive script blocking approach prevents exploitation of security vulnerabilities (known and even not known yet!) with no loss of functionality...
You can enable JavaScript, Java and plugin execution for sites you trust with a simple left-click on the NoScript status bar icon (look at the picture), or using the contextual menu, for easier operation in popup statusbar-less windows.
Download (firefox & gecko based browsers)
3) Adblock Plus
Adblock Plusfor annoyance-free web surfing
  • Block all ads automatically, no distractions
  • Browse faster and safer
  • Fully customizable — you are in control
  • Easy to contribute, report issues when you see them

Download (firefox, chrome based browsers)

4) Ghostery

A tool that lets you see the invisible web page

Ghostery allows you to see the invisible web on every page on the web.

Invisible web objects include web bugs that track your behavior as well as analytic trackers used by the sites you visit to understand their own audience.

Notifies you about the invisible web elements contained in the current page. Including web bugs, javascript libraries, etc.

5) Adblock

Handy extension to block unwanted ads

With this small plugin you can block all advertisements on all web pages. Your browser is automatically updated with additions to the filter; just Install and enjoy.

Blocks ads from downloading on all websites. It works without any configuration -- while advanced users can still create custom filters and subscribe to arbitrary filter lists.

Download (safari, chrome based browsers)

6) Opera Adblock

The true ad blocking solution for Opera

Subscribe to ad blocking lists and enable ad blocking in Opera.

Fanboy, Peter Lowe, EasyList and other providers of lists are available (including many language specific lists), for more details see the preferences page.

Fanboy CSS filter is also used to collapse ads section.

Tracking and statistic websites like Google Analytics can also be blocked.

It also allows you to get through the New York Times' paywall, allowing you to read an unlimited number of articles per month.

Download (Opera only)

7) HTTPS everywhere

Encrypts your communications with a number of major websites

Many sites on the web offer some limited support for encryption over HTTPS, but make it difficult to use. For instance, they may default to unencrypted HTTP, or fill encrypted pages with links that go back to the unencrypted site.

The HTTPS Everywhere extension fixes these problems by rewriting all requests to these sites to HTTPS. It will encrypt all communication with several major websites.

8 ) Zscaler Tools

Safe Shopping

The Zscaler Safe Shopping plugin is continually fed information regarding compromised and fake online stores. It warns you when you visit one of these domains. The list of domains is checked and updated regularly via Zscaler's cloud security service.

Search Engine Security

Blackhat Search Engine Optimization (SEO) is a growing problem that search engines are failing to combat. This add-on will prevent Blackhat SEO attacks by masking the source of requests to malicious pages, ensuring that the attacks are never delivered.

BlackSheep

Firesheep allowed any user to seamlessly hijack the web session of another user on the same local network. BlackSheep, also a Firefox plugin is designed to combat Firesheep.

9) Lastpass

LastPass is an online password manager that automatically fills in saved logins and forms with the click of a button. This handy little Web freeware and browser plug-in also syncs your data to any computer you use regularly. With LastPass you won't need to remember passwords anymore. You can easily log into your websites with a single click of your mouse. You can set up multiple 'profiles' and automatically fill your personal information into web forms accurately and safely. It protects against identity theft by keeping sensitive data encrypted on your PC. Your LastPass vault isn't limited to only securely storing usernames and passwords, any confidential text data can be placed in your vault for safe keeping.

10) Tracking Protection Lists

Tracking Protection Lists (also called TPLs) are created by companies and organizations that want to help consumers understand and make choices about their online privacy. These tracking protection lists were created by their respective authors, who are solely responsible for maintaining the lists and for their content.

Tracking Protection Lists help prevent the websites you go to from automatically sending details about your visit to other content providers. Additionally, when you have a Tracking Protection List or Personalized Tracking Protection enabled, Internet Explorer 9 will send a Do Not Track preference or signal to the websites you visit. It will also send a Do Not Track preference to the third party websites that provide content on the websites you visit if those third party sites have not been blocked by your Tracking Protection List. Websites may continue to engage in activities you might view as tracking even though you have expressed this preference, depending on the websites' privacy practices.

Download (IE9 & TPL based extensions like TACO)

11) Targeted Advertising Cookie Opt-Out(TACO)

Block Targeted Advertising

TACO prevents over 100 different online advertising networks (including Google, Microsoft and Yahoo) from displaying highly targeted advertisements using the detailed information on your web surfing habits. TACO disables most behavioral advertising by setting 100+ permanent, generic, non personally identifiable "opt-out" cookies directly into the browser.

12) MAFIAAFire

Redirector

It can be a pain to remember alternative domains when the main domain is moved or illegally seized.

Rather than mess around in your hosts file or keep a list of alternative domains and copy/paste this add-on automatically redirects you to the correct alternate site.

Gee! No evil!

Google have removed the auto complete/suggest feature for some words, but the user can still type these words in manually (exactly how when the DHS seizes a domain, the website still exists).

When you install the MAFIAAFire: Gee! No Evil! plugin it automatically downloads a list of these "banned" words.

Slash Unblocker!

The good thing about the internet is, little content is truly unique because it can be copied so easily (ask the music industry if you don't belive us!) and thats where Slash Unblocker comes in.

As you find a "blocked or taken down" page (for example for "Slash on South Park") , you hit the "Slash Unblocker" button and you will be presented with an option to send the URL to our servers to see if there is an alternative address out there with the same (or similar) content.

Other useful addons

1) Infinite Scroll

This extension is an unofficial alternative version of AutoPagerize/AutoPager

Details:

* Support AutoPagerize rules

* Support AutoPager rules (partially)

* Support YouTube* Faster and simpler UI

Download (chromium based browsers)

2) Autopager

The AutoPager extension automatically loads the next page of a site inline when you reach the end of the current page for infinite scrolling of content. It includes a adblock similar features to allow you filter out the ads from the contents in the loaded page contents.

It works well with most of the greasemonkey scripts. By default AutoPager works with a ton of sites, including Lifehacker, the New York Times, Digg, and, of course, Google. If you want to add your own custom autopaging to unsupported sites, the site wizard feature makes it easy (first pick the Next link, then pick only the content you want loaded.

The site workshop provide more features like auto discovery the links and content. Its configuration is base on XPath. You can find there is a built in function to create a XPath by click some links on the pages. This extension will import online configuration from this sources,these configurations includes support for some widely used sites and some general support for forums.

Furthermore, you will have the possibility to share your site rules simply by clicking the public button in the Settings window.

3) Autopatchwork

Automatically load the next page and insert it into current page

AutoPatchWork is a small and useful extension that will automatically load the next page of the visited website and insert it at the bottom of the main page.

For example, when visit Google search and scroll down the page, you get next page automatically.

Download (Safari, Opera, chrome based browsers)

4) Autopagerize

A browser Extension for auto loading paginated web pages. AutoPagerize use in many web site, and provide efficiently web browsing.

Download (all major browsers except IE)

5) Mycroft Project

Search Engine Plugins

The Mycroft Project provides a collection of more than 23 thousand Sherlock & OpenSearch Search Engine Plugins for your web browser. Sherlock is supported by Mozilla Firefox, Mozilla SeaMonkey and other browsers based on the Mozilla core. OpenSearch is supported by Mozilla Firefox , Internet Explorer and Google Chrome.

Plugins

1) HTML5 Extension for Windows Media Player Firefox Plugin

The HTML5 Extension for Windows Media Player Firefox Plug-in is an add-on that enables Firefox users to play H.264-encoded videos on HTML5 pages by using the built-in capabilities found in Windows 7.

2) Microsoft .NET Framework Assistant 1.3.0 for firefox

Microsoft .NET Framework Assistant is an extension for Firefox designed to add ClickOnce support and the ability to report installed .NET versions to the web server.

The .NET Framework Assistant for Firefox functions identically when it is installed before and after the Firefox browser. When the Firefox browser is launched and the .NET Framework 3.5 SP1 is installed, Firefox finds and installs the .NET Framework Assistant for Firefox.

3) Adobe Flash Player

Adobe Flash Player is the client runtime that delivers powerful and consistent user experiences across major operating systems, browsers, mobile phones, and devices.

Flash Player delivers beautiful HD video, faster graphics rendering, and high performance on mobile devices and personal computers and is designed to take advantage of native device capabilities — enabling richer, more immersive user experiences.

4) Adobe Shockwave Player

Shockwave Player is the web standard for powerful multimedia playback. The Shockwave Player allows you to view interactive web content like games, business presentations, entertainment, and advertisements from your web browser.

Other firefox plugins

Download

• Replies 16
  • Views 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

all i see is...a lot of font size and other html tags (like bold), all in one pretty big paragraphe.

it's too messy for me to want to read it.

Did something go wrong writing the post?

i will check again later...

all i see is...a lot of font size and other html tags (like bold), all in one pretty big paragraphe.

it's too messy for me to want to read it.

Did something go wrong writing the post?

i will check again later...

No something went awry while editing the post !

P>S> Thanks for the help DKT27 happy.gif

• Administrator

Staff Note: Fixed. :)

It normally happens when you are using quick edit and you get a disconnect.

I've fixed it but you'll have to clean the layout (empty lines, no lines, spaces, etc) the way you prefer. ^_^

Topic should be changed from Plugins to Extensions or addons.. Plugins are different.. even though there are some hybrid forms of them out there.. IMO.. While I think some of these 'may be' useful.. I think some are overkill...possibly only cause a lag in performance.. especially when the protections are ( should be ) appropriately addressed in other areas...

Topic should be changed from Plugins to Extensions or addons.. Plugins are different.. even though there are some hybrid forms of them out there.. IMO.. While I think some of these 'may be' useful.. I think some are overkill...possibly only cause a lag in performance.. especially when the protections are ( should be ) appropriately addressed in other areas...

Plugin is a generic term for anything that extends the functionality of a browser(like in the bygone days of IE/Netscape) besides I'm gonna add dotnet, flash, java, html5 plugins to the list above so can't see why the title should be changed Posted Image

Can anybody confirm whether Avast/Kaspersky or any other AV browser plugins work independently i.e. without the software running/installed or not ?

Staff Note: Took me 20 minutes, but I converted your complete thread back into BBCode and cleaned up all the tags. Shit happens :)

R0H1T

cool list man , and it can be cooler if u write which plugin goes with what browser B)

@shought

Thanks for your effort btw it took me nearly 6 hours to get this posted with the net frequently disconnecting I mean WTH India is lacking basic telephony & data services especially outside the top 5/6 metros plus broadband here is a joke that which apparently is a right in many parts of the world in this day & age Posted Image

You can call it curse of the monsoon rains Posted Image

@demoneye

Currently working on thatPosted Image

Nice list, I use some of them. Essentials for Firefox. Another one I like is ShowIP, it's quite old but an interesting addon for FF.

AlienForce1

Can anybody confirm whether Avast/Kaspersky or any other AV browser plugins work independently i.e. without the software running/installed or not ?

- both (Avast , Kaspersky) install browser plugins when you install their software - if you uninstall will disapear also the plugins

@avmad

Will look into it (ShowIP) btw have tried/used all of the above listed addons on supported browsers & all of'em work perfectly well Posted Image

@AlienForce1

Actually you can find the supported browser plugins in the AV install folder then copy them somewhere else to install locally when required i.e. after you uninstall the program but haven't used Avast/Kaspersky recently so can't say whether they'll work without the main executable that's why I was asking if someone has tried the same Posted Image

Adblock filter list for Internet Explorer 9

The Easy subscriptions are lists of filters designed for Adblock Plus that automatically remove unwanted content from the internet,

including annoying adverts, bothersome banners and troublesome tracking.

The links listed below allow you to select subscriptions for use in your browser provided that you are using the Firefox add-on Adblock Plus

or the Chrome equivalent Adblock Plus for Chrome.

Furthermore, EasyPrivacy Tracking Protection List is available for Internet Explorer 9.

Get it HERE!

• 4 weeks later...

Trust My Web, an alternative to WOT? B)

Firefox and Chrome versions.

Trust My Web has a simple goal : help users to check if a website can be trusted, based on several criteria.

These criteria can be split between three categories :

* Trust My Web criteria.

* User's rating.

* User's comments and appreciation.

There are 3 criteria we analyse to set the status of a website : adult / shocking content, phishing fraud, and malicious software eventual presence. If one of these criteria is bad, the global status will be negative.

Here is the list of the different status we are using :

The status will be represented with a red picture if a criterion is "unsafe" (phishing / malware).

The status will be represented with a pink picture if a criterion is "adult / shocking site".

The status will be represented with a green picture if all criteria are "safe".

Firefox version here

I don`t have much addons but these are one`s that i`m using. ;)

Movable Firefox Button

Posted Image

Move Firefox Button to anywhere you want, and make it also available in Full Screen

mode, or when Menu Bar is showing. You never need the Menu Bar from now on.

Download Statusbar for Firefox

Posted Image

View and manage downloads from a tidy statusbar - without the download window

getting in the way of your web browsing.

Despite its compact size, Download Statusbar packs in more useful features than

the standard download window. The fully customizable interface auto-hides when

not in use, allowing full control without interruption.

Easy App Tabs for Firefox

Posted Image

Don't like right-clicking? Use this restartless add-on to toggle your App Tabs with

a double-click!

Memory Fox for Firefox

Posted Image

Attempting to reduce the browser's RAM Memory usage promoting the increase of

available RAM memories for other application processes RAM memory requirements.

Hopefully, fostering any attempts of Memory Recovery and Retention.

Custom Tab Width for Firefox

Posted Image

Lets you customize the minimum and maximum tab width.

QuickFox Notes

Posted Image

A multi-tab note taking add-on for Firefox that uses the integrated bookmarks system

or a single sqlite database to store notes. Therefore, if you already have either a

bookmarks synchronization add-on (e.g: XMarks) or a file synchronization software

(e.g: Dropbox, SugarSync, Syncplicity), your notes will be synchronized automatically.

Session Manager for Firefox

Posted Image

Session Manager saves and restores the state of all or some windows - either when

you want it or automatically at startup, after crashes or periodically. It can also auto-

save the state of open windows individually.

This extension replaces SessionSaver and Tab Mix Plus' session manager. It stores

more data than both of them and should be more reliable in saving and restoring.

Although it is not recommended to have more than one session related extension

installed, Session Manager is compatible at least with Tab Mix Plus. It can import

sessions from both SessionSaver and Tab Mix Plus.

Archived