Deviantart.com has been hacked..

HX1

Well just a heads up for some of you .. DO NOT GO TO dA today... I tried to load the site and we have this.. The site was blocked as well as all resources from the site and deviantart.net.. For those of you without the detection.. You should be warned.. I had to close about 50 detection windows when I went to load the site and this wasn't the case yesterday..

Please be aware..

There exists a problem with the rendered file.htm which has included two files which will infect your system and has gotten their site I believe.. Now they have a real threat.. :)

8/3/2011 11:53:54 AMHTTP filterarchivehttp://www.deviantart.com/HTML/ScrInject.B.Gen virusconnection terminated - quarantinedX-PC\XThreat was detected upon access to web by the application: C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox5\firefox.exe.

• Replies 6
  • Views 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Kaspersky didn't detect anything :P They're usually having very few false positives. I also saw some generic detections on a js, so it might be a false positive...

Yeah.. they have been hacked.. probably several reasons for them being the target.. This is a little worse than getting a hit on a AutoIT program download however... Usually it isn't the site files which are infected... In this case it is.. I have run across a few sites that have wound up this way.... I know it isn't just a definition thing either.. The site starts to load and then it gets blocked..No big red warning sign or anything like when it is listed..

From DK's Link:

Avast: HTML:Script-inf

Avira: DR/pwo.A

BitDefender: Trojan.Generic.3212827

F-Secure: Trojan.JS.PWO

Ikarus: Trojan-Downloader.JS.Agent

McAfee: Adware-WinAd

NOD32 (ESET): HTML/ScrInject.B.Gen

Microsoft: TrojanDownloader:JS/Agent

Norton Antivirus: Adware.Windupdates

Panda: Adware/WUpd

Rising Antivirus: Trojan.WinReg.LowZones.e

Sophos: Mal/Generic-A

So right now I'd just wait until the SysAdmins at dA fix their stuff...

.. LOL.. AND I might ad that you know something is severly jacked-up when McAfee even says its infected.. :P :lmao:

It's working fine for me. I even found a cutie there on the front page. :P

PurplebeanZ

It's working fine for me. I even found a cutie there on the front page. :P

you're sick man :lol:

Archived