AHH SON OF A.....B****

Win7nerd

Load of BS, ul the docs so we can see them! personally i'd take it with a pinch of salt!

• Replies 41
  • Views 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

im going to see my lawyer tomorrow ill mention i got online advice but i wont say from where, after all where i get advice from isn't any of the MPAA's business. (if my lawyer happened to mention it in court if there's a possibility) ill be sure to keep you guys posted as to what he says. like i said im not afraid of those Hollywood bullies. Im hard headed and smart that i know. i myself am beginning to think this is just a scare tactic into ratting myself out to them. also if you guys read, i cant upload the documents, since i have no scanner and my moms scanners broke (FML) i wasn't the happiest when i found this out :(

also if you, guys can post in the letter size 4 for your responses, tiny letters kill my eyes lol. (yess...i totally went from big to small lol) that's how i see your regular size font

<p>

You know that you can zoom in most browsers? There's no need for big letters in the posts, just zoom your page in the browser :) It's the best way to deal with this.

</p><p>PS: CTRL/+ = Increase zoom; CTRL/- = Decrease zoom; CTRL/0 = Zoom back to 100%</p><p>Tested in Opera, Firefox, Chrome and IE :)</p>

:rofl: NO.. NO... recode your site!! :lmao: In violation of WCAG code compliant violation 123 chapter 4...:rofl:

You can also change your entire OS display settings ( DPI ) to enlarge things for you to see.. May need some adjustments n other areas as well if your having trouble reading printed areas... ( or get an eye exam - could be astigmatism ) Browsers will usually also allow you to indicate the smallest font size that it how and will use a base of whatever you set for anything smaller than what you indicate...

Also .. a little program called GD++ that will allow to adjust font rendering as well on top of the OS Wizard for it ( Windows 7 )

... you could call your ISP and find out if they gave your info away, if they did i don't see why they would keep that fact from you. your lawyer will do the same thing and it wont cost you lots of money to do it yourself. I know how lawyers work, pay for every piece of paper, fax, phone call ect... Just a suggestion. Good luck with everything.

ohh, and what was the torrent you downloaded? where? by which uploader?

EDIT: there is a firefox addon called phzilla. its a basically a proxy but its got a few free IP's built in that have reasonable speeds. good for things like visiting us. can look suspicious visiting any sites like this one until the trouble is cleared up. best to look like a model citizen.

... you could call your ISP and find out if they gave your info away, if they did i don't see why they would keep that fact from you. your lawyer will do the same thing and it wont cost you lots of money to do it yourself. I know how lawyers work, pay for every piece of paper, fax, phone call ect... Just a suggestion. Good luck with everything.

hmm, ill do that in the morning lol.

ok, SOOOOOO my lawyer said i can sue them back for harassment and that privacy breach thing (i forget what the hell he called it) but in turn he said not to worry about the letter i had gotten in the mail because, firstly: it was illegal for them to ask for my information to harass me. it turns out they did ask for my info from my ISP. im getting a newer ISP soon. end of story on that lol. Secondly: they were intently trying to harass people intently with the same letter (so he says). he says its just a scare tactic to get money from people, in alot more scarier way. than the usual emails to people. granted i was a little freaked at first but after reading and talking with my lawyer. they're just money hungry bastards and then they wonder why people pirate their shit. i said i wanted to sue them for harassment and using my personal information illegally. he said "ok ill send you the paperwork" a little smile cracked om my face on the way out. so yeah im not entirely out of the woods yet. the best part is my ISP keeps paperwork on who requests peoples info. and you bet i requested that paperwork.

i apologize for the delay in posting. been busy with family stuff but ill let them know whose boss :P when the time comes.

Try to think this over a few times before launching any legal action. Are you willing to go to court and fight it for months, maybe more? Do you have time? Do you have the determination? The money? What if you lose?

Just make sure you examine the situation from as many angles as possible, so you won't end up with nasty surprises.

(rule 1 in such matters)there is justice business, there is no justices...

I know I said to sue them fvckers, but apart from little stand (getting them to realize as they can be sued... I'd rather leave it at that). ISP?- apart from obvious- change them, apart from demand for the records etc, maybe compensation.... rule 1- might take forever to get anywhere.

Glad you asked us, glad you are not really screwed, but sounds like despite having upper hand- drop the cards on a table, not to have messy , dirty and very long game

grouchysmurf

Quick question, I did not get this from previous postings...(or I just missed it completely)...

How did they get your address?

Quick question, I did not get this from previous postings...(or I just missed it completely)...

How did they get your address?

Guestimate- from ISP using connection throtling and doing so illegally... there are few other means, but ISP is the key!

• Administrator

You can sue your ISP too. But yes, make sure you play it safe. :)

Couple of tips I wanna give you:

Encrypt your connection. If you use uTorrent: Go to Options > Preference > BitTorrent > Protocol Encryption > Outgoing > Enabled. And tick/enable/check Allow incoming legacy connection. This way, your ISP, in normal cases cannot see what exactly you are transferring.

Now, use IP Blocker. This will block the anti-P2P IPs from connecting.

IP Filter Downloader and Peerblock. Use either or both of them.

These are two easy and basic steps you can follow. :)

Ultimately in this thing realize what is already known truths and stated universally.. in other words.. They know what they are doing is illegal.. if you do not want your information given out.. then you should go after your ISP... IF this violates the paperwork and agreements you signed or changes to the policy since.. IF not.. then there is no real issue.. They know what they ( both ) are doing illegally... It is one of the reason they are trying to get more power and authority to do so many things in the courts as well as fund and back supporters for there cause...

The only thing that needs to be done here IMO.. is if you have a problem with the action of your ISP.. THEN seek out a company who explicitly protects your information.. anything other than will not protect you from it.. It winds up being one of those BUT we had to.. or well technically we did not violate anything.. type situations...

I almost sued an ex third-party employer once.. I worked at a temp service.. and while the temp service had my records on file and signed authorization to my personal record.. The company I was actually working at .. did not... I walk in to work one day.. and this guy sits me down and throws down a typed version of my record on the desk and asks me, 'What is this..' I almost blew my top right there.. as he sat there with this determined look on his face like he was a smart !@#$.. yet had just violated federal provisions... ( Hate braggarts and people that full of themselves..) I then sat back with a smile on my face and calming explained the time of the 'items' and events word for word.. and I think for some reason.. whatever it was either in my confidence in the matter or the way I approached it.. his tone changed .. the look he had seemed to disappear..

I stayed there for awhile but along with the complete and blatant disregard for any motivation to create a work environment .. not even be a place of desired future employment I confronted them with a much bigger issue 'right under their noses' .. and left... but I had every right to pursue..

Another instance where a mechanic stated a diagnosis of a vehicle in which he was going to repair it.. was paid in full.. failed to deliver the paid for product/service.. and then looked me right in the eye and said he didn't have to do a F!@#$%^ thing.. Truth of the matter was that due to his or his mechanics lack of experience.. He failed to properly perform the task.. nor complete it as found by another mechanic with certifications.. I had every right to tie up thousands of dollars in a law suit to just 'SHOW' how wrong it is really and in what areas we all have rights.. and why exactly.." You should do every-F!@#$%^-thing about it..."

In the end these situations seems to be about people struggling to protect themselves and use the tools that are supposed to available to them.. ( in some cases it winds up only being.. if you have the money -- then real justice is served ) It winds up being about loopholes which require huge resources antiquated with the event itself.. When really it should not be costing anyone anything..

Can you afford the money to pursue something of this nature? Even depending on suing for court costs and incurred investment for this project? Could you do something better with it.. and in truth how long will it be before thy do the wrong person/entity the wrong way and their ethics are on trial.. How long before someone takes care of the situation on their own.. in many small ways .. some with real violence.. who knows what will happen to some of these.. Look at the legal aspects.. When you knock one down... How many more will refine the con? Where would it be best to effect that change? - There are better places to put that money.. and in truth as stated.. even if they turned your information over and these people attempted to extort you... They can't even do anything about it... Especially when building a case based on a illegally obtaining said information.. Or will the law truly be ignored and only allowable for SOME people... Every aspect is something else that can be taken down.. It is like the news we read and hear out here.. how much of it is propaganda and what source.. is it at the journalist level or is it a focus perspective bending method for success and conformity?

What do you believe and what do you know... It probably is a better method to say with something that may be a better return for your investment.. w/e it may be for you.. a lot can be said of it..

grouchysmurf

There are other avenues that can be taken.

Remember that word of mouth can be just as damaging to a company as

a law suit, sometimes even more so as law suites usually end up with some

form of "gag" order put into place as part of the settlement.

First, go online and look up the terms of service with your ISP. Also look at

their privacy statement. If you can show a discrepancy in their actions concerning

your private info, then you can start the word of mouth option.

First, contact the Better Business Bureau in your area and file a complaint..(this is free).

Find a bbb in your area

Second, you can contact the FCC and file a complaint with them.

FCC Complaints

Third, be certain to give them an unfavorable review to anyone that might ask you.

Let them know that this company will sell/give their personal info away.

The offices that I linked are if you reside in the USA. If you are not,

I am certain that whatever area you are in must have something similar.

Remember, just because you do not file a law suite, does not mean you

cannot affect them.

when i work at orkin i was told 1 bad review takes 46 to 49 good reviews to cover it

grouchysmurf

when i work at orkin i was told 1 bad review takes 46 to 49 good reviews to cover it

This is very true, and sometimes more than that. Anyone that works in customer relations

can verify this.

Archived