TheAudioScene.net makes the RSS feed a Donor only feature

toyo

TheAudioScene.net is a nice "pro audio" tracker (or better said, used to be?) that evolved from AudioZoneTorrents. A cool feature was that a bot automatically uploaded scene releases from private FTPs. Sadly, the site came under financial pressure lately, and the method they chose was to cut RSS for all members but the donors, in addition to advertising.

Now, I think RSS is a essential part of a site, especially a torrent site you're not visiting daily but you take a look in the feeds to see what's new. Putting people under pressure to donate for p2p is NEVER, EVER the right way.

TAS seem to think they're the only tracker with audio content alive, and they have a right to milk the users. Obviously untrue.

This way of thinking must not survive. If it is even partially successful, other trackers might apply the same model and, instead of improving and making themselves loved so much that people want to donate, they would choose to cut features if you don't give them money.

Would you like this to happen to your favourite trackers in the future? I think not...

So, if you have a TAS account, make sure you publicly let the admins know how displeased you are. I think the shoutbox is good for this, since it's so exposed. If you need a pro-audio tracker, choose another instead!

And let people know about this :)

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 2
  • Views 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The RSS is back in a limited fashion: no links, no description. You still get to be a donor for the RSS to work properly, but I'm OK with it this way.

I realise this might be very uninteresting to you guys, but such things should never happen in P2P and even if just a few souls understand it, I'm OK :)

It's always very sad when a once decent tracker becomes a cash cow for the admins,i've been around the torrent scene since the golden days of Suprnova and have witnessed this type of greed on numerous occasions so i cant say i'm really surprised.

Archived