eMule 0.48a MorphXT v10.5

rashad

MorphXT.pngeMule is a peer-to-peer file sharing application for Microsoft Windows. Started in May 2002 as an alternative to eDonkey2000, eMule now connects to both the eDonkey network and the Kad network. The distinguishing features of eMule are the direct exchange of sources between client nodes, fast recovery of corrupted downloads, and the use of a credit system to reward frequent uploaders. Furthermore, eMule transmits data in zlib-compressed form to save bandwidth.

Download

• Replies 5
  • Views 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Does anyone still use emule then? I didn't think anyone would anymore since most of the servers being taken down.

When I am desperately looking for a file I go through Newsgroups then BT if nothing found I check eDonkey network as a third option! and sometimes I find what I am looking for!

Does anyone still use emule then? I didn't think anyone would anymore since most of the servers being taken down.

Have you never heared about KAD then? :) We don't need servers anymore !

Kademlia serverless network

Connecting to the network

The only thing needed to connect to this network is the IP and port of any eMule client already connected. This is called a Boot Strap.

Once a client is in the network, the client then requests for other clients to determine if it can be contacted freely. This process is very similar to the HighID/LowID check on the servers. If you can be freely contacted, you are assigned an ID (similar to a HighID) and given an open status. If you are not freely contacted, you are given a firewalled status. From version v.44a on, the Kademlia network supports a Buddy for firewalled users. Buddies are other Kademlia clients who have status open and work as a relay for connections, that the firewalled user cannot manage.

I know about kad from using emule, but never looked into it. Thanks for the info, think I may get emule again then in case of emergency.

Archived