How to get rid of annoying redirects?

Win7nerd

ok im 100% Virus free and Trojan free and im totally clean of any infections, at least now i am, Ive scanned and im clean, but the problem is now Ive got these really annoying redirects and its a pain in the ass to get to the correct site i need to get on. it happens at random. im using Firefox 5.0.1 and im curious how to remove these redirect issues from Firefox...any ideas?

• Replies 22
  • Views 11.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Want to check your hosts file and have you scanned your registry entries..

What type of redirects are you getting what do you do to get them exactly action for action...

Have you erased all temp file locations... and data..

Is this a joke or something? :blink:

Let us know what it is so I can move it to the correct place...

Want to check your hosts file and have you scanned your registry entries..

What type of redirects are you getting what do you do to get them exactly action for action...

EG

http://63.209.69.107/search/web/Gigapixel%20Camera/a11/itcg-20446_3727/v5

OR

http://www.find-fast-answers.com/jump1/?affiliate=mx1&subid=48605&terms=gigapixel%20camera&sid=Z110043957%40EzX0IDM0MzX3UTMfhzMflTNx81M5MDM0kDMxMTM&a=zk5&mr=1&rc=0

these are all redirects of the "gigapixel " search on Google

these are the main two that give me issues and these are the only two that i know of that i have

Is this a joke or something? :blink:

Let us know what it is so I can move it to the correct place...

no joke :(

Running into sites like this doing searches sometimes actually does happen sometimes.. now if your using your search Search Box in FF.. and or going directly to these sites instead of hitting your search engine first.. then I would remove and re-add the search engine entry.. and or check your hosts file for entries.. If you have added extensive entries then you should open it in Notepad and do a search for the gigaixel word.. This could also be cause by some formation of the url structure which could be triggering a block or redirect.. Look at those two thing first.. do a spring cleaning... check for anything odd with HiJackThis! Scan.. so on.. but it is unlikely your infected... However I received none of the results you have from the search string from Google or any other engine .. though it has happened to me in the past.. Sometimes even when trying to reach a site or domain that may no longer be registered or operative.. from Bookmarks... Depending on how this occurred or if your history is being used .. it may be a good idea to do some cleaning there..

AlienForce1

If you are absolutely certain that your comp. is malware free (and scanned as you said) - then it`s a good posibility that you have a toolbar or a search engine aded by SCOUR ( see here `63.209.69.107/search/web/Gigapixel` ) B)

What program(s) did you use to search for malware? I also agree that it may be part of your addons or it could be because of a third party desktop program that you installed. My mom uses Incredimail and EVERY time that program updates, it changes her homepage and adds a tool bar with adware.

What program(s) did you use to search for malware? I also agree that it may be part of your addons or it could be because of a third party desktop program that you installed. My mom uses Incredimail and EVERY time that program updates, it changes her homepage and adds a tool bar with adware.

my add ons include:

grease-monkey

ad block plus

flag-fox

stylish 1.2

norton toolbar 2011

nothing should be hurting my system as of now. Ive tried using hijackthis and nothing was out of place, ive scanned for spy cookies nothin was found.

the following antivirus/malware programs i have installed on my system:

Norton Internet security 2011

super anti-spyware

malwarebytes PRO

Trojan remover

spyware doctor

spy-bot search and destroy

all theses programs are updated regularly

Explain to me exactly where you clicked the link from.. was it from results in a Google Search page? or was it when you typed in the entry into google and hit enter or clicked search? Which one..

these are from Google search results

Okay.. well then I revert to one of my first posts above.. there is nothing to fix... and your system is not infected or compromised in any way.. These sites are all over the net.. sucking up vacant and used domain names and websites everywhere... They usually list results.. and some actually simply bounce you around from one to another while the host benefits from ad links and clicks...

The only known way would be to attempt to filter out the sites... and more than likely the places you were trying to go.. are no longer available or the main sites were temporarily down... while these possibly even hosted by the main Domain Server/Host.. were taking the requests..

I'm not really sure I understood what happens in your browser, but: if the same redirects happen again and again, sometimes even when you visit nice&clean sites, then maybe there is some type of malicious modification of your system you didn't find yet... :unsure:

when in doubt install a fresh copy

actually, i noticed no redirects after

implague

told me to use the spyhunter app, i was a bit leary at first by the look if it but i was fairly impressed. i used a patch from here on Nsane, and it worked great. and it got rid of the crap that was causing the redirects, and i used hijackthis AGAIN, and it seemed to be working correctly. no redirects anymore, i would like to thank ALL OF YOU who helped me figure all this crap out lol, and the reason why i had the bold print on is because im partially blind, no annoyance intended i might add. so for future reference if i do that, keep that in mind. thank you ALL for helping me in this matter. thank you soo much. it was getting annoying there for awhile lol

• 2 weeks later...

download the latest tdl4 (mbr rootkit) remover from here:

do a scan and tell us what u found.

download the latest tdl4 (mbr rootkit) remover from here:

do a scan and tell us what u found.

Just a reminder that scanner gives a lot of suspicious marks on normal real drivers installed by software .. (for a fake md5 checksum for example)

It marked for example Rollback RX's driver as suspicious+faked md5 :D

but the log u get might help..

I had a friend of mine download and install Hitman Pro about a year back... Kept getting popups and some issues... Anyway.. it detected the TCPIP.sys ( I think ) file on his XP system.. In an effort to remove it and get his work PC back online and finish up.. He simply cleaned everything... after I had told him to verify it all beforehand...His system lost all Internet connectivity and a tech had to be called to fix the system.. Turned something that should have taken a few minutes and turned it into a whole day fiasco... I tend to stay away from trying to fix systems over the hone this way.. period.. If I can't get my hands on it.. and do it myself.. then I try to back away from it.. or direct them somewhere to get help.. Even though it was his fault in a way .. I still felt like a complete FAIL.. as being the one who got him there..

ALWAYS a good idea to check those files and signatures before messing with anything pointing to them at all.. and using the necessary combination of tools to be properly thorough...

SO.. what was it causing the problem? ..again.. :think:

soooo, yeah back about a month or two ago i got a nasty virus, i was able to remove it but it EDITED my BHO and it had scum-ware embedded in both of my browsers. but i used malwarebytes, spybot and a few other programs to remove the nasty old bugger. and i think thats what had remained.

see previous post:

actually, i noticed no redirects after

implague

told me to use the spyhunter app, i was a bit Leary at first by the look if it but i was fairly impressed. i used a patch from here on Nsane, and it worked great. and it got rid of the crap that was causing the redirects, and i used hijackthis AGAIN, and it seemed to be working correctly. no redirects anymore, i would like to thank ALL OF YOU who helped me figure all this crap out lol, and the reason why i had the bold print on is because im partially blind, no annoyance intended i might add. so for future reference if i do that, keep that in mind. thank you ALL for helping me in this matter. thank you soo much. it was getting annoying there for awhile lol

Has anyone come up with a sure-fire solution to this?

My idiot friend checked his email on my computer and now I have this same problem.

I'm getting redirected to the same IP/site

EG

http://63.209.69.107...g-20446_3727/v5

OR

http://www.find-fast...a=zk5&mr=1&rc=0

Please help!$# FML

read the WHOLE thread, seek and thee shall find the answer :D

Archived