Virus

Dado

C:\Program Files\ESET\ESET NOD32 Antivirus\Eset fix.exe » AUTOIT » svchost.exe - Win32/Shutdowner.NAL trojan

I cant delete this trojan horse ,i can detect it with my antivirus but also cant delete it ,if someone could help me it would be great ...

• Replies 4
  • Views 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Use Long Path Tool [GET IT HERE] and scan with SUPERAntiSpyware and Malwarebytes and The Cleaner

Change the extension name of the trojan with Long Path tool to a .mp3 (kill it in your task manager first) then do scans. Changing the name will cause it to not know what the hell to do, it wont be able to open and run after you change it to a .mp3....hopefully.

Well to be honest this is not a trojan or a real infection.. It is called a False-Positive..in fact I believe the reason your picking up this old patch is because of the AutoIT code which causes the system to reboot by way of the application of said fix by choosing to do so.. This code is similar to an actual trojan.. but is not harmful and is used to apply the patch properly or rather with the assistance of said exe file, used for installing.

AND.. I might add that the reason this could be happing may also be to the fact that you need to open Services, find the ESET Trial Reset Tool.. then disabled it.. reboot and then you will most likely be able to remove it.. However the best and most appropriate method would be to run the patcher again.. to uninstall it.. which will remove it from your system. along with the registry entries if any.. not for sure depending on version.. This will include disabling the Self Protection of ESET.. rebooting for it to take effect.. then running the tool.. re-enabling Self-Protection and all should be fine as well as all traces of it gone.. if not it would be perfectly possible to delete UNLESS.. your operating in an LUA account on another system which you are not an administrator..

SnakeMasteR

Agree with HX1, look at what DKT27 says in an other topic about AUTOIT

and Win32/Shutdowner.NAL, should be harmless. :)

• Administrator

Agree with HX1, look at what DKT27 says in an other topic about AUTOIT

and Win32/Shutdowner.NAL, should be harmless. :)

Yup. That's correct. :)

Nothing to worry about. It's a file from box, mara- fix. A false positive. You can delete it with Unlocker.

BTW, this file is from previous box, mara- fix version (v1.3), the latest version (v1.4) doesn't have this particular false positive problem. ;)

Archived