Computer acting strange after Comodo uninstall

AlienForce1

AlienForce1

Untill a few days ago I had installed in that comp. NAV2011 + Comodo Firewall Free 5.4.189822 and they were working ok . It seems that I forgot ``never fix what`s going well`` and I uninstalled that vers. of Comodo - I was thinking to upgrade to latest vers.5.5.195786 .

From that moment problems appeared :

- no more internet connection

- NAV (v.2011) not recognized anymore by Action Center ( it says that I don`t have anti-virus and anti-spyware progr. installed ) :why:

After a little research on internet I managed to reconnect the comp. to www. , but problems with NAV2011 remained ! Any ideea ? :frusty: :please:

• Replies 9
  • Views 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Shrug, you should always use either Acronis True Image or similar software and take frequent backups of your system, OR

"time machine" like eaz-fix (search coders corner) or rollback rx (same software,same developers,different name)

That's what I'm using,takes only a reboot to "rollback" my system to a "clean" system without any firewalls/av's ..

Eventho reviews and tests been giving good results for comodo's firewall,I have like heard more bad about their software than good .. (for example,your problem..)

And do -NOT- touch Comodo's Time Machine,it's based on OOOOOOOOLD CODE of eaz-fix/rollback rx and has a lot of bugs and it made my system unbootable

I had to restore my whole partition from acronis image ...

Just my few cents..

Ambrocious

Something is fishy and bad with COMODO. I use to have COMODO System Cleaner and it would do all sorts of things WITHOUT my permission with no way of stopping it. It didn't have an option to stop it from doing what it was doing. I'd passively recommend to anyone with COMODO products to get rid of them.

AlienForce1

Thank you both ( Kojootti , Ambrocious ) for your suggestions - in the end I did a image restore from Acronis True Image Home . Now the problem is that that image is old (01.01.2011) , and was made when computer had installed Comodo Firewall (!!) + nod32 , but I want to reinstall Norton Antivirus 2011 ( or better try 2012 - what crack ?? ) because NAV was lighter on resources than nod32 .

Do you have any suggestion of a firewall ?

among the most popular anti viruses they are the poorest at protecting your computer. I work at a PC Repair shop (being the head tech) and every customer that comes in the door for a virus removal either has McAfee, Norton, Trend Micro, Webroot, etc etc. Norton 2011 & 2012 does slow your system down quite a bit [ive noticed a big difference uninstalling it on customers computers].

If anything I would recommend Avast, MBAM, or somewhere along those lines.

AlienForce1

among the most popular anti viruses they are the poorest at protecting your computer. I work at a PC Repair shop (being the head tech) and every customer that comes in the door for a virus removal either has McAfee, Norton, Trend Micro, Webroot, etc etc. Norton 2011 & 2012 does slow your system down quite a bit [ive noticed a big difference uninstalling it on customers computers].

If anything I would recommend Avast, MBAM, or somewhere along those lines.

I don`t want to contest your experience , but for me , as much as I have tested , NAV2011 was lighter than avast! , and every computer I install has also MBAM as a second oppinion (scanner on demand) .

As about protection I agree with you , McAfee , Trend Micro and Webroot are very far from their good reputation they have had in the past .

Thank you both ( Kojootti , Ambrocious ) for your suggestions - in the end I did a image restore from Acronis True Image Home . Now the problem is that that image is old (01.01.2011) , and was made when computer had installed Comodo Firewall (!!) + nod32 , but I want to reinstall Norton Antivirus 2011 ( or better try 2012 - what crack ?? ) because NAV was lighter on resources than nod32 .

Do you have any suggestion of a firewall ?

IMHO,Get Symantec Endpoint Protection. no cracks or licenses needed!

Very light on resources and has what you want.. -->

It has Norton Anti-Virus and Sygate's excellent firewall (which Norton bought late 2k's)

the topic can be found HERE!

AlienForce1
(Kojootti)

IMHO,Get Symantec Endpoint Protection. no cracks or licenses needed!

It has Norton Anti-Virus and Sygate's excellent firewall (which Norton bought late 2k's)

the topic can be found HERE!

In your post it is stated that : ``FIRST: paste this url to your browser`` , ``SECONDLY: paste one of the links below on another window/tab in your browser to get a direct download of the retail!`` , but at the first link comes the ``suprise`` :

Symantec Endpoint Protection 12 Trialware

Thank you for your interest in evaluating Symantec Endpoint Protection 12 trialware. Activated upon installation, you will be able to experience the advanced protection of Symantec Endpoint Protection 12 while improving system performance for 30 days.

Then how is it ? :

(Kojootti ) No licenses/registration needed!

Just install+update...

It has Norton Anti-Virus and Sygate's firewall on it (which symantec bought late 2k's)

AlienForce1

Get Symantec Endpoint Protection. no cracks or licenses needed!

I will install Symantec Endpoint Protection - but are you sure ``no cracks or licenses needed!`` ?

Thank you very much for your help ! :cheers:

Yes,after you paste the first link,you DO GET a page with download link for trial-version,but you DO NOT download it...

Next,you paste one of the links for the direct download link of the retail. Follow the instructions in that thread.

Archived