Hotmail turns 15, makes you feel old

nsane.forums

nsane.forums

68gEn.jpg

It is hard to remember a time when Hotmail didn't exist. The web based email service has been a cornerstone for helping individuals connect all over the world. On July 4th, Hotmail turned 15 years old, a tremendous achievement for any website.

On the Internet, it is easy to have the rug swept out from under your feet. So for Hotmail to remain not only relevant, but still expanding after 15 years, is a tremendous achievement. Currently, "over 3 million people have created aliases using the new alias feature, and over 5 million people worldwide are already using Facebook chat in Hotmail".

Email has revolutionized how we communicate. When Hotmail was introduced, fax machines ruled the landscape in terms of conversing in semi real-time. But even Email is beginning to show its age, with real-time services such as Twitter taking center stage for quick communication.

While no one knows how long Email will stay relevant, Hotmail played a key part in mass user adoption. And for that, we thank Hotmail for helping to bring us all into the electronic communication age. From everyone at Neowin, we wish Hotmail a Happy Birthday!

view.gif View: Original Article

• Replies 4
  • Views 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator

Wish I had internet when I was 2 yrs old. :P

Yes, indeed, makes me feel old. I remember when Hotmail wasn't owned by M$ then, I had an account using my first name only. To think that I have a very common name and was the first one to register it. :D But, unfortunately it got disabled and lost my account after I forgot to open it for so long. :) I also had an account with Rocketmail before but never used it.

Archived