how can i remove an extension manually from firefox 5?

mrkool123

This extension some how got installed on my computer premium play codec-c, there is no remove button only disable.Its incompatible with firefox 5, i tried installing firefox 4 and there is no remove button, only disable.I tried removing firefox with your uninstaller and revo uninstaller and then reinstalling, extension still appears.

• Replies 4
  • Views 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator

There are two places you can check it out:

C:\Users\Username\AppData\Roaming\Mozilla\plugins

And

C:\Program Files (x86)\Mozilla Firefox\plugins

Two ways may be a way to approach this situation.. First you can look through installation directories for the Codec-C ( thinking this is Cisco? maybe ) - this would include Program Files, ProgramData, and User Profiles AppData areas where it may be located.. You can either delete it or move it/copy it to Plugin Directories for the Browsers it does work in... Next would be to do a Registry search for the file and/or clean the registry of the entries which point to the file to be included.... Usually these two areas take care of nasty little Plugins that and extensions that will not go away.. Some from MS are better left simply disabled being they are part of key components in the system... I usually simply disable these.. in a few cases I eradicate their existence entirely in my system.

.. along with what DK mentioned above.. in the Mozilla directories.. but it is unlikely that they are there...

EDIT:..Is this an Extension or Plugin? usually a plugin will be a dll file.. and an extension for a browser will have like its own directory in the Program Files Directory from its main program..

• 3 weeks later...
AlienForce1

There are two places you can check it out:

C:\Users\Username\AppData\Roaming\Mozilla\plugins

And

C:\Program Files (x86)\Mozilla Firefox\plugins

These are the first steps I do and I when I want remove a stubborn extension , I right click on it and choose `Uninstall with Revo Uninstaller` , usually Revo finds and registry leftovers... B)

If you don`t have that luck to solve your problem with Revo , then as HX1 previously said you have to search thru registry ...

Archived