Howto Remove/Uninstall Kaspersky addons/extensions for Firefox

johndoe

I've got KIS11 (KIS2011) and since the KIS browser addons are not compatible with Firefox 5.0, they have become automatically disabled. I was looking for a way to uninstall them since they were no longer of use but not able to be uninstalled via the regular method of uninstalling/removing Firefox addons and I discovered they can be uninstalled from the registry. I wanted to share the method to remove/uninstall them:

1. Open command prompt
  2. reg delete HKLM\Software\Mozilla\Firefox\Extensions /v "[email protected]" /f
  3. reg delete HKLM\Software\Mozilla\Firefox\Extensions /v "[email protected]" /f
  4. reg delete HKLM\Software\Mozilla\Firefox\Extensions /v "[email protected]" /f

I think it is also potentially possible to make the addons compatible with FF5 (but I haven't tried it out personally yet...)

1. Copy the folders of all three addons to another folder on the hard drive e.g. c:\program files\KIS firefox addons (anything other than the protected subfolder of c:\program files\Kaspersky lab\)
  2. Modify the install.rdf in all three folders to force it to be compatible with FF5
  3. and then modify the location in the above registry locations.
  4. Firefox should automatically install them next time it is loaded

• Replies 1
  • Views 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Have some patience and leave them disabled for now; a hotfix will come (hopefully very soon) that will make the KIS addons compatible again with FF5.

Archived