NOD32 Help... won't update even the trial!

Macoland

This has me really confused. Does anyone know if NOD changed the way it updates with this new version?

So I was having tons of problems with the FiX at home, so today at work I installed NOD32 and the FiX and it worked great. So then I decide to come home and use the trial version. At least THAT would work. ;) Well low and behold the trial software will not update on my home machines. I have put it on 3 different computers at home and none of them will update. According to one, my license is valid until 12/21/07. When I click update downloads the file em002_32_l1.nup but once that completes the update fails.

I just finished searching Esets website for answers and have tried everything still with no luck. I can ping the servers with out a problem, and I have my firewall turned off. According to Eset the update travels over port 80, so it shouldn't be a problem with a blocked port. The weird thing is that it successfully downloads the first file and then fails. I am trying this with the latest version 3.0.563.

Any ideas or help would be appreciated.

• Replies 6
  • Views 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If you search, there are posts about this already. ;)

However, NOD32 2.7.xx updates FINE with the Nsane fix 2.2 (exclude the reg file in the AMON scan though).

NOD32 3.xx the NEW version of the anti-virus updates totally differently to NOD32 2.7.xx and the Nsane fix 2.2 will NOT work on it.

A new fix is currently in beta testing (NO, I don't have a copy) - when it's ready, NSane will release it.

If you search, there are posts about this already. ;)

However, NOD32 2.7.xx updates FINE with the Nsane fix 2.2 (exclude the reg file in the AMON scan though).

NOD32 3.xx the NEW version of the anti-virus updates totally differently to NOD32 2.7.xx and the Nsane fix 2.2 will NOT work on it.

A new fix is currently in beta testing (NO, I don't have a copy) - when it's ready, NSane will release it.

Byte_bunny, I appreciate your advice, but please don't treat me like I am stupid. I know that the FiX version 2.2 does not work with NOD32 3.xx. I already have access to the new fix through this site. That is not what my question is.

I am wondering if anyone else has had problems just getting the trial version of NOD32 3.xx to update properly. As I described in my first post, I put the trial software on 3 different machines at home and none of them will update properly. I also described in my first post that it starts to download the update but then fails. I am wondering if anyone else has had this problem or if they have changed the way it updates. (IE using different ports, etc)

I am wondering if anyone else has had problems just getting the trial version of NOD32 3.xx to update properly.
I'm not using NOD32 v3.x ATM, but it happened before that Eset's infrastructure was a little dodgey and ppl couldn't update properly, if at all (both trial and paid users).

sometimes only the trial users seemed to be affected.

while I can't offer any immediate advice regarding your problem, maybe give it a day and try to update again. if that doesn't help, reinstall.

edit:

I have put it on 3 different computers at home and none of them will update
is your network connection otherwise stable and healthy?

I'm not using NOD32 v3.x ATM, but it happened before that Eset's infrastructure was a little dodgey and ppl couldn't update properly, if at all (both trial and paid users). sometimes only the trial users seemed to be affected.

Thanks for the response, I *think* that might have been the problem. For the past few days the trial has not been updating, but then today I decided to try again and it magically worked. I didn't change anything, so it had to have been a problem related to Eset.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived