How to uninstall nod32 (4.0) password protected ?

AlienForce1

AlienForce1

I need your help !

A year ago I installed nod32 (AV) on a friend`s laptop and I protected it`s settings with a password .

Today I was called by him that he wants to uninstall nod32 ( the patch doesn`t work anymore - no more updates ... ) and change it with avira free .

Now the problem is I DONT REMEMBER THE PASSWORD - so how can we remove nod32 (v.4.0) ???

Any ideas ??

• Replies 7
  • Views 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Have you tried booting into safe mode with the Uninstaller from the site? ..Then of course manually removing the files?

AlienForce1

Have you tried booting into safe mode with the Uninstaller from the site? ..Then of course manually removing the files?

The laptop is not in front of me - my friend together with another guy are trying to solve this problem . I called him now and seems that he tried , but a wrong version of uninstaller ( the one that`s on a Dutch site - that is for v.2.5 ) and obviously didn`t solved the problem . I also sent him to search on Eset`s official site (eset.eu) the right uninstaller.

Yeah .. and the version of the Uninstaller will also apply to which version the OS is.. as well.. ad you have to follow the instruction completely..

AlienForce1

Try here for nod32 removal progie

Thanks Brrownie for your suggestion but that uninstaller for nod32 posted on Lite`s topic is also the old version (for nod32 v.2.5) wich doesn`t work with v.4.0 .

Archived