malware :/

Kavu

i seem to have some malware in my computer ad aware seems to clean it but it keeps coming back, its called indt.sys not sure where it came from i recently had to install a new harddrive and it just appeared after i was completed with installing everything. just curious if anyone else has had this problem and knows how to get ride of it for good

the reason i first noticed it is id hear constatly a little clicking sound like on internet explorer when u click back or ect but i was doing nothing when it happend

• Replies 6
  • Views 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi, I'm new here but hopefully I can help.

What I recommend for getting rid of it for good is to not use internet explorer. Firefox is much safer in this respect.

Regards.

i do use firefox but hmm only time i even go on ie is wen i check my msn email maybe it pops back up when i do that

i checked and it doesnt

Firefox is hardly a one size fits all cure.

You might want to run HijackThis and provide a knowledgeable party with all the logged entries so he can analyze them for you.

Aside from that, adding a security suite with a decent firewall to your computer will help a lot too. Kaspersky and ESET both make fine products for that. Outpost also has a good firewall.

A modded HOSTS file will help too. You can find a nice one on MVPS.org

Best of luck with your problem. It might help if you can describe more of the symptoms of the malware.

thats the thing it doesnt seem to be doing anything slowing me down or anything just i hear that clicking and then its in my processes

Archived