I NEED HELP WITH MATH XL website, browser

Win7nerd

ok heres the issue, i have Firefox 5 (just updated) and the mathXL website i need for school doesn't support Firefox 5. other than the obvious, what can i do so KEEP Firefox 5. and use Firefox 5, the site does NOT support FF 4 either which is crap, now what i wanna know is there some type of add on that tricks websites into making them thing they are compatible? or do i have to go back to FF 3? :( which i don't wanna do because FF 3 is kinda tacky lol.

• Replies 3
  • Views 812
  • Created
  • Last Reply

ok heres the issue, i have Firefox 5 (just updated) and the mathXL website i need for school doesn't support Firefox 5. other than the obvious, what can i do so KEEP Firefox 5. and use Firefox 5, the site does NOT support FF 4 either which is crap, now what i wanna know is there some type of add on that tricks websites into making them thing they are compatible? or do i have to go back to FF 3? :( which i don't wanna do because FF 3 is kinda tacky lol.

My experiences with Pearson show that they prioritize their applications to run on Internet Explorer. This is because the majority of institutions still use IE. Hence why internet explorer still maintains some of the market share.

So, why not lock IE down and use it? Keep your FF 5 all together :) Or you could try spoofing FF 5's Software ID to IE . But, I don't know if that will solve your problem or not.

Best of luck!

My experiences with Pearson show that they prioritize their applications to run on Internet Explorer. This is because the majority of institutions still use IE. Hence why internet explorer still maintains some of the market share.

So, why not lock IE down and use it? Keep your FF 5 all together :) Or you could try spoofing FF 5's Software ID to IE . But, I don't know if that will solve your problem or not.

Best of luck!

it works great with IE9 BUT how do i spoof the ID as you say?

Archived