How to Make Firefox Faster And Reduce Firefox Memory Usage?

madeinheaven

• Replies 36
  • Views 18.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

yes I second that! =1 for you as well!

madeinheaven

Lol i give you one for giving me one! :lol:

SnakeMasteR

7_content.notify.ontimer

• Right click on a blank space and select: New –> Boolean: (now you are making a Boolean value. Through next steps you need to make some Boolean values again.
  • Name it content.notify.ontimert and press OK:

I suggest content.notify.ontimer :lol:

I have tested it, great Tutorial, +1, thanks. :)

madeinheaven

7_content.notify.ontimer

• Right click on a blank space and select: New –> Boolean: (now you are making a Boolean value. Through next steps you need to make some Boolean values again.
  • Name it content.notify.ontimert and press OK:

I suggest content.notify.ontimer :lol:

I have tested it, great Tutorial, +1, thanks. :)

Thank you correcting miss type.

+1

Lol i give you one for giving me one! :lol:

Thanks! lol

I have actually noticed a difference in the page load times and the memory load. Thanks again for the tut

Tweak network settings = Make Firefox Faster

Memory Fox = reduce memory usage.

what's the point of all these steps? lmao old school much

Just wondering, with a post size of 3,639.25 KB ( 3.55 MB ) minus the text.. Have you thought bout making PDF's ( even XPS, or RTF ) for your tutorials that can be downloaded? Maybe with an image to start it off.. Should be easy enough.. may save some room/bandwidth usage on your image hosting and even lend some information on actual downloads as well.. :)

Thanks for this guide will try it out soon :)

• 1 month later...

madeinheaven

from your experience ,which ad remover is best with firefox , ad muncher or ad block pluse ? which one of them got the less speed impact on firefox ?

cheers :D

madeinheaven

madeinheaven

from your experience ,which ad remover is best with firefox , ad muncher or ad block pluse ? which one of them got the less speed impact on firefox ?

cheers :D

I only use Ad Muncher so i can not compare in my opinion i don't see any difference using Firefox with or without Ad Muncher.

madeinheaven

Do you really wanna know who is the post just look at the date you will get the answer:

Date of topic: Posted 18 June 2011 - 11:36 AM

http://www.mallumagic.com/forums/showthread.php/9064-How-to-Make-Firefox-Faster-And-Reduce-Firefox-Memory-Usage Date of topic: Posted 11 July 2011

http://74.206.185.137/board/showthread.php?t=601983 Date of topic: Posted 07-15-2011, 12:00 PM

I don't copy any body post if i do that i put a source the end of the post

Do you really wanna know who is the post just look at the date you will get the answer:

Date of topic: Posted 18 June 2011 - 11:36 AM

http://www.mallumagic.com/forums/showthread.php/9064-How-to-Make-Firefox-Faster-And-Reduce-Firefox-Memory-Usage Date of topic: Posted 11 July 2011

http://74.206.185.137/board/showthread.php?t=601983 Date of topic: Posted 07-15-2011, 12:00 PM

I don't copy any body post if i do that i put a source the end of the post

ya its your made tut as kojootti said

you really do hard work to make tut

posting screenshot and videos

I currently have speedy fox 1.6 installed . I thought it probably does what this tutorial does , because when i was working through the first few settings etc, they had already been changed to the value on the tutorial, i didnt check all the settings though.

Enough respect for your tutorial by the way :D .

But , doesn't speedy fox just do all this for you?

unknownasphyxiated

nope

speedyfox only optimize file that firefox use

i don't think it will change firefox setting

Mozilla Firefox is a fast browser, but with the lapse of time it starts working much slowly.The reason is fragmentation of profile databases. A free tool SpeedyFox is designed specially to resolve that problem

• 2 months later...
SacredCultivator

sorry to really bump up an old post but...

Are there perhaps any sort of Add-on's that may help in managing the Mem. Usage of Firefox?

I mean currently I am using the 10.0a1 and I know on average it's using 400~MB of RAM and then when I leave it open (Which I normally do for hours on end) it spikes up to 800-900~MB's which you definiteyl can tell hinders system performance (Firefox freezes periodically).

GOogle about it and the result that showed up the most was Memory Fox although after testing, don't think it does anything at all as Mem. Usage is still the same ><

Thanks.

Archived