Battlefield 3 or Modern Warfare 3?

Stricken

Battlefield 3 vs MW3  

58 members have voted

1. 1. Which Game Are You Likely To Get?

Just wondering what game people might prefer this year.

My opinion is that i'll probably get both but i think i'd prefer Battlefield 3 more. -_- :sneaky:

• Replies 25
  • Views 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

MW3 is going to be fail like black ops. Its more like MW2 DLC.

Agreed. Also playing online sucks since there's no Dedicated servers. Which means that the host of game will need good internet.

This is why many people are so angry when they've clearly shot someone and "missed"

Is interesting to watch.

DreamHaters

Yep loads of people are just saying its a MW2 with a lil bit of tweaks.

This is Battlefields chance to over crown COD.

since i played battlefield 2 i love it alot

i'm going with BF3

:fear:

my answer would be...neither.

for now, i don't feel the need to buy one or the others.

IF, and it's a big IF, if i decide to buy one of them, at some point, it won't be COD...

Battlefield man here <3 BF. Cant wait for BF3 :D CoD Is for whiny kids whose parents spoil them. Also, PC > Console, end of discussion :D

Battlefield man here <3 BF. Cant wait for BF3 :D CoD Is for whiny kids whose parents spoil them. Also, PC > Console, end of discussion :D

Totally agreed Man!

+1 :wub:

I don't play FPSes much, but if I was to choose, I'd take Battlefield 3 over MW3 any day...

More of a racing, RPG, online games guy...

Neither. :P

maybe we should be able to vote "neither" too?

At least 2 of us would vote it ^_^

Battlefield rocks B)

The campaign is not that good but the multiplayer is much much better than COD!

Even though I'm a huge fan of the CoD series (I bought every game), I'm going after BF3 too.

I'll buy MW3 once the price gets lower..

Was now gona say the same thing.

CoD is for n00bs who like to spray bullets all over the screen and get kills without any skills. Black Ops is so terrible that you don't even need to hit the target but kills register, what a failed game. Battlefield is for players with skills who could play with gravity and physics enabled. In CoD there is no time of flight for the bullets so they instantaneously appear at the target using magic instead of physics whereas in Battlefield the bullets have a time of flight and if you snipe someone and they move you will miss the shot. CoD is for n00bs who like to hide behind indestructible walls and objects and use grenade launchers. In Battlefield when there is a noob who wants to try the CoD camper tactic you get into a helicopter or a tank and you blow that bastard to bits, you could also land a mortar strike and kill the n00b camper in Battlefield.

Yes camping is a legitimate war tactic but hiding behind a wall that does not blow up when you fire a grenade at it is not anything close to reality. Though I started off playing CoD, it turns out I never realised it was for n00bs until I bought Bad Company 2.

Neither. :P

maybe we should be able to vote "neither" too?

At least 2 of us would vote it ^_^

Added, thanx for the suggestion +1 :D

Was now gona say the same thing.

CoD is for n00bs who like to spray bullets all over the screen and get kills without any skills. Black Ops is so terrible that you don't even need to hit the target but kills register, what a failed game. Battlefield is for players with skills who could play with gravity and physics enabled. In CoD there is no time of flight for the bullets so they instantaneously appear at the target using magic instead of physics whereas in Battlefield the bullets have a time of flight and if you snipe someone and they move you will miss the shot. CoD is for n00bs who like to hide behind indestructible walls and objects and use grenade launchers. In Battlefield when there is a noob who wants to try the CoD camper tactic you get into a helicopter or a tank and you blow that bastard to bits, you could also land a mortar strike and kill the n00b camper in Battlefield.

Yes camping is a legitimate war tactic but hiding behind a wall that does not blow up when you fire a grenade at it is not anything close to reality. Though I started off playing CoD, it turns out I never realised it was for n00bs until I bought Bad Company 2.

I couldn't say better mate !

And just like you I used to think COD was the top multiplayer game untill I tried Battlefield.

This game is amazing , sometimes when you are in a house and a tank is just on the other side of the wall and can blow it and your brain in the same time man you really feel the fear :D

COD MW3

I just think that COD is WAAAAAY over-rated just because it has the COD reputation. and also there is nothing new or groundbreaking, it seems that they add just enough to a new COD to just scrape call it a new game, yeh sure they add new story-lines and locations but thats it.

Battlefield 3

However looking at the battlefield 3 demo at E3 it looks absolutely stunning, EA looks like they've really pulled their fingers out making B3, i mean they have tanks jets and ground combat. it also has a wide variety of things to do looking at the E3 demo cos they showed you going down underground looking for the end of the wire leading to and IED or something, it just looks so much better and far more realistic. I think that battlefield is a way better game, but i bet COD will get more sales.

COD MW3

I just think that COD is WAAAAAY over-rated just because it has the COD reputation. and also there is nothing new or groundbreaking, it seems that they add just enough to a new COD to just scrape call it a new game, yeh sure they add new story-lines and locations but thats it.

Battlefield 3

However looking at the battlefield 3 demo at E3 it looks absolutely stunning, EA looks like they've really pulled their fingers out making B3, i mean they have tanks jets and ground combat. it also has a wide variety of things to do looking at the E3 demo cos they showed you going down underground looking for the end of the wire leading to and IED or something, it just looks so much better and far more realistic. I think that battlefield is a way better game, but i bet COD will get more sales.

The gameplay of Battlefield 3 that you have seen has been run on PC, that's why the graphics are stunning. But i believe the game should be excellent due to the new Frostbite 2 engine and the fun part of Battlefield which is blowing shit up :)

I've had a look at MW3 and it may be okay for some players but i'm starting to get sick of their graphics. Battlefield just feels right, for example...

in one way its so much different to mw3 from what ive seen because it looks nice, such as the shadows and lightning. Its just less foreboding...

Meanwhile MW3 looks so dimm, dark and kinda just cluttered.

Edit:

I don't really mind both games, in the end it's probably best to try out both.

Battlefield just feels more real to me and cod is just for fast paced action.

bf3_tank_sp.jpg

call-of-duty-modern-warfare-3-screenshots.jpg

Dunno if that made any sense, just look at this picture.

• 2 weeks later...

Both :D

Tested BF3 PRE Alpha and its amazing but i like COD too.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm going with BOTH. :D

If I don't like one of 'em, I'll simply switch to the other. :)

Archived