usb cell phone charger

dock98

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 4
  • Views 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lol this won't work with my phone... Sony Ericcson, they make special cables and stuff like that. Only their cables fit... Greedy.

hopefully there will be an universal cell phone charger based on the Micro USB standard in the future.

http://www.omtp.org/news/news_pr_universal_cable.html

chances that it will happen are not that slim, as OMTP is backed by big players like Nokia, T-Mobile, Orange, Ericsson and Sandisk.

Is that true??? Do the big guys like Nokia, SE, etc. really want this? At the moment i guess they're making a fortune with their outrageous prices which they ask for a new charger. If you buy those at their store(s) they want you to pay over €20!

• 4 weeks later...
Is that true??? Do the big guys like Nokia, SE, etc. really want this? At the moment i guess they're making a fortune with their outrageous prices which they ask for a new charger. If you buy those at their store(s) they want you to pay over €20!
well, I don't know for sure, but I guess such an announcement in this matter is not made without plans to actually get it going.

a resulting gain for them would be (much?) lower production costs I'd say. I hope this outweighs the revenue from selling new chargers with every new mobile phone.

Archived