• Yes
    • No
    • Dont Know ... Can u do that..
    • Who the F*** Cares

• Replies 10
  • Views 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm sure I'd hate it if it was done to me. But I voted yes anyway. Theres been some really annoying people in different restaurants and stores, and if I had the device I'm sure I would have used it without hesitation.

• 1 month later...

I voted yes for all the bloody idiots in my country who have understood democracy the other way around and can't handle a goddamn phone. You'd be surprised how many times the phone rings in a theater ...

I'm sure I'd hate it if it was done to me. But I voted yes anyway. Theres been some really annoying people in different restaurants and stores, and if I had the device I'm sure I would have used it without hesitation.
I voted yes for all the bloody idiots in my country who have understood democracy the other way around and can't handle a goddamn phone. You'd be surprised how many times the phone rings in a theater ...

what about free speech.where does it begin and end?

There's still freedom of speech, only other/more people can hear you. It's not that by cell phone jamming you can't say what you want anymore. I also think the statement should be corrected a bit... Do you mean cell phone jamming by the government or just for everyone? I think it should be illegal for civilians but the government should be able to do things like that. To ensure (inter)national safety.

There's still freedom of speech, only other/more people can hear you. It's not that by cell phone jamming you can't say what you want anymore. I also think the statement should be corrected a bit... Do you mean cell phone jamming by the government or just for everyone? I think it should be illegal for civilians but the government should be able to do things like that. To ensure (inter)national safety.

not my article but i agree with you.

I wonder is there is a way to block the ability to place phone calls but still be able to dial 911 in movie theathers. I know about freedom of speech but people fucking abuse some of those rights and people making phone calls in the middle of a movie are an example of them. I stronglt disabgree with the Government being the one deciding such things (although the CIA does this already), question is though, WHICH Gov't are you talking about.

Talking about my own government and only when they have 'enough' reason to do such things. 'Enough' being decided by a judge. But i strongly doubt the fact the dutch government is able to do such things. We really don't have like top of the shelf law enforcement... I don't really 'know' about the situation in the USA but i don't think you guys would mind to give in a little of your privacy to avoid terrorist attacks and if not avoided get the ones that were behind them(if they still are allive...). There's also tales about the CIA and the FBI picking up every conversation on the world when you say something specific. Like something that has to do with a terrorist attack... But are they really able to do so, i don't think so(correct me if i'm wrong...).

Talking about my own government and only when they have 'enough' reason to do such things. 'Enough' being decided by a judge. But i strongly doubt the fact the dutch government is able to do such things. We really don't have like top of the shelf law enforcement... I don't really 'know' about the situation in the USA but i don't think you guys would mind to give in a little of your privacy to avoid terrorist attacks and if not avoided get the ones that were behind them(if they still are allive...). There's also tales about the CIA and the FBI picking up every conversation on the world when you say something specific. Like something that has to do with a terrorist attack... But are they really able to do so, i don't think so(correct me if i'm wrong...).

Up to a certain point, the Security Agencies are able to monitor various conversations but I too doubt that EVERY single one can/is recorded or monitored. The point you brought up about "giving up" some liberties is just plain BS. The Gov't has already passed the Patriot Act and it was done to prevent any further terrorists attacks. Let me tell you though that they could've been prevented but Mr. Bush (vacationing at his ranch) and Co. were too busy doing some other stuff and ignored reports about possible attacks. Now we have this sense of vulnerability and they (Gov't) is taking advantage of that, by creating/spreading fear they are able to control the population and set rigorous restrictions upon the population. BTW, has it ever been mentioned in mainstream media (US and abroad) that the CIA were the ones who trained Bin Laden back in the 80s (correct me if I'm wrong) in order to fight the Russians?

Up to a certain point, the Security Agencies are able to monitor various conversations but I too doubt that EVERY single one can/is recorded or monitored. The point you brought up about "giving up" some liberties is just plain BS. The Gov't has already passed the Patriot Act and it was done to prevent any further terrorists attacks. Let me tell you though that they could've been prevented but Mr. Bush (vacationing at his ranch) and Co. were too busy doing some other stuff and ignored reports about possible attacks. Now we have this sense of vulnerability and they (Gov't) is taking advantage of that, by creating/spreading fear they are able to control the population and set rigorous restrictions upon the population. BTW, has it ever been mentioned in mainstream media (US and abroad) that the CIA were the ones who trained Bin Laden back in the 80s (correct me if I'm wrong) in order to fight the Russians?

Unfortunately, its not just Bush. Clinton, and Bush (1), all supported political groups with weapons and technology and then a few years later, we end up seeing how bad the groups changed over time to become terrorists.

Oh and a really funny (or at least Ironic). I spent a year looking for IEDs in Iraq. In some areas, large numbers of the IEDs were constructed out of US munitions that we had left from Gulf War I. lol

Archived