Listen to Last.fm for Free

shought

Many of you have probably heard about Last.fm. My interest in it was 'sparkled' again by a poll which was created recently:

Last.fm records the music you listen, like and dislike (there's buttons for liking and disliking) and is able to recommend music from similar artists (which is actually a really nice feature) :D

Users from the US, UK and Germany should be able to listen to music for free (as far as I know), but users outside of those countries can only listen to 30 songs... Well, unless of course when you're using a (relatively fast) proxy. It just so happens to be that PlanetLab provides such a service :)

In the Last.fm application click Tools > Options > Connection > Proxy Settings > Manual and input one of the following proxies:

129.105.15.38:3124 [US]
193.174.155.27:3128 [Germany]

(Europeans should obviously use the German one ;))

If one of these should stop working for some reason, here is a great site to find high performing proxies: http://www.hidemyass.com/proxy-list/ (Just click the country you want, select only 'Fast speed' and 'Fast connection time' and press 'Update Results'.

Enjoy your free music! (Colored to your preferences, by Last.fm :dance2:)

• Replies 2
  • Views 7.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm in Iran and I use USA server VPN and I really enjoy free listening with no lags ro stops, finding a suitable proxy or VPN is very easy it's not very hard to find one for using last.fm.

But anyway, nice guide thank you ;)

Archived