ewido security suite

Guest schl0rk

• Replies 16
  • Views 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

it IS a great app

recommended by many anti-malware forums when removing ABI/Aurora/Nail.exe shit from your comp. Which I got :unsure:

just wish I could register it though :wacko:

Yeaa...it's a nice program and detects a lot "malware", half of them are FP! :unsure:

And you can prove this how?...

Anywho... FP's are fixed very quickly.

Scanned twice and got some FP's and i was not sure, browsed and find in some of posts that FP's can be sent to be analyzed, i sent and got reply in 2 days (good support) It detected one of my work report file as trojan .downloader :frusty:

btw, anyone who find the fp's can sent to [email protected].

@schl0rk...i did once with heuristic turn off but the different was 1 miss...it was another fp. like to hear more about it cause i just uninstalled a week ago.

• Administrator

All products cause false positives. They need time to mature etc. The heuristics in Ewido are brand new and will take time for them to refined.

False positives are fixed quickly. Its the downside to using heuristics as you can never know 100% what is malware.

I suggest trying ewido once again...

Scanned twice and got some FP's and i was not sure, browsed and find in some of posts that FP's can be sent to be analyzed, i sent and got reply in 2 days (good support)  It detected one of my work report file as trojan .downloader  :lol:

btw, anyone who find the fp's can sent to [email protected].

@schl0rk...i did once with heuristic turn off but the different was 1 miss...it was another fp. like to hear more about it cause i just uninstalled a week ago.

FP?????

All products cause false positives. They need time to mature etc. The heuristics in Ewido are brand new and will take time for them to refined.

False positives are fixed quickly. Its the downside to using heuristics as you can never know 100% what is malware.

I suggest trying ewido once again...

sure Lite, i'll try using it again...like its realtime protection but wait for another couple of weeks cause posts about false positives are is going...

• 9 months later...
Guest Caronte

Hello friends B)

There is a new version beta of the program.

ewido anti-malware Now available: Version 4.0.0.151 beta

Regards :P

Guest grandcommander
Hello friends B)

I'm using the beta version, it looks good.

Hello friends B)

I'm using the beta version, it looks good.

how do i get it from warning about kazza core everytime i open kazalite?

Beta version is OK, but the 3.5 is still enough to my necessity. Anyway I´m afraid about Ewido´s future. I don´t like Grisoft and its products... :) Maybe I´m wrong, but Ewido will never be the same after Grisoft: Better or worst, but definitively not the same. For those who need the download of manual updates: Full Definitions (very important for infected machines without internet access, so Ewido can be updated from a CD or Floppy Disk).

• Administrator

For the short term atleast, ewido's future will be fine. The same developers and analysists are working on it. In the future i dunno, maybe AVG will replace there scanning engine with ewidos (Ewido's engine is prolly more powerful) and we can say goodbye to ewido as a standalone product. We shouldn't worry though, as the product runs fine atm and the "old" values continue.

Archived