Looking for Heatsink/Fan advice

RadioActive

RadioActive

I wanna upgrade from my stock HSF to be decent alternative, it gets REALLY hot in summer here especially since I don't have an AC (and I kinda keep my PC on 24/7).

CPU: AMD Phenom II X4 940BE 3.0 GHz

MoBo: Biostar 790GX AM2+

Chasis: NZXT Beta Evo

Anyways, I do want to overclock my processor (maybe get to 4.0 GHz? wishful thinking, I know :D). Anyways, I can't afford anything too expensive and would prefer something that does NOT involving removing the MoBo to install (I HATE that).

So, here the ones I'm comparing between:

1) Zalman CNPS10x Performa - 270 EGP

2) OCZ Vendetta II - 260 EGP

3) Cooler Master Hyper N520 - 250 EGP

But I am tempted to get either of those but I'm not sure if it's worth it, since it'll mean extra 100~150 EGP for me (which is roughly the price of 1 damn good 12mm fan or 2 decent ones, just saying)

4) Thermaltake Frio - 350 EGP

5) Thermaltake Jing - 380 EGP

6) Cooler Master V6GT - 400 EGP

It's obvious that I can't compare the first three with the others but I'm considering one of those six, perhaps on a cost-to-performance-to-noise basis?

This is the list I'm choosing from, so pls. don't suggest anything outside that list because I'll probably won't find here.

List: http://www.egprices.com/subcat.php?sub=133&sortby=price_desc

• Replies 4
  • Views 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If you Don't want to Pull the MB out for Cooler Installation, I wouldn't bother looking at the Cooler master Hyper N520.

I have that Cooler and it does a Great job on my i7-870 OC'd to 3.8 GHz, Idles @ 20 - 22C and @ about 70C Under Heavy testing (90-100% Load).

But it would be essentially impossible to Install without pulling out the MB.

Supposedly it is possible if you have the CPU cutout on your Case but It would be very difficult to do that way.

The Zalman 10X Appears to Review well and is mountable on an AMD CPU without removing the MB.

As for the others just do what I did and Google the reviews and read a few for each one and pick teh one that you feel best fits your needs and Make sure it will fit in your Case.

RadioActive

If you Don't want to Pull the MB out for Cooler Installation, I wouldn't bother looking at the Cooler master Hyper N520.

I have that Cooler and it does a Great job on my i7-870 OC'd to 3.8 GHz, Idles @ 20 - 22C and @ about 70C Under Heavy testing (90-100% Load).

But it would be essentially impossible to Install without pulling out the MB.

Supposedly it is possible if you have the CPU cutout on your Case but It would be very difficult to do that way.

The Zalman 10X Appears to Review well and is mountable on an AMD CPU without removing the MB.

As for the others just do what I did and Google the reviews and read a few for each one and pick teh one that you feel best fits your needs and Make sure it will fit in your Case.

Yeah, I noticed CM have that irritating mounting method. Anyways, I am inclined to get the Zalman as well but still wondering if it's worth it get the Frio since most reviews I read say that the Frio is one of the best.

RadioActive

I decided I'll go with the Zalman, unfortunately it's out of stock at the moment so I guess I just will have to wait.

Archived