rss feed

nsane

yeah, we have an rss feed now, it points to the forums for each topic (but the download links are there too, so...STFU!) :think:

i might add one to display forum posts, but protected forums won't be listed (verifieds, fallout bunker [ViP], etc.). so, it'd be kinda pointless for actual forum users :angry:

• Replies 24
  • Views 9.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It doesn't look right, and it's taking a little bit long to load up on my Thunderbird where my browser doesn't seem to have a problem with it.

Is it possible to have it moved from viewing the forums to the download area only, so instead of being shown the News & Updates screen, we'll get a cleaner looking download screen.

Now: Nero Reloaded [RSS View]

Wish: Nero Reloaded

What do you think?

It doesn't look right, and it's taking a little bit long to load up on my Thunderbird where my browser doesn't seem to have a problem with it.

Is it possible to have it moved from viewing the forums to the download area only, so instead of being shown the News & Updates screen, we'll get a cleaner looking download screen.

Now: Nero Reloaded [RSS View]

Wish: Nero Reloaded

What do you think?

question. what am i doing wrong or am i missing a microsoft software /patch? i click on rss feed and keep getting the following.

The XML page cannot be displayed

Cannot view XML input using XSL style sheet. Please correct the error and then click the Refresh button, or try again later.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

An invalid character was found in text content. Error processing resource 'http://www.nsaneforums.com/ssi.php?a...

<description><![CDATA[Forum: <a href="http://www.nsaneforums.com/index.php?showforum=17"></a...

you need a RSS reader like thunderbird and you need to subscribe to the feed :unsure:

@samurai - the only way i can get it work is using the forum, any other way would require alot of difficult coding...i don't even know how i'd do it ;)

@samurai - the only way i can get it work is using the forum, any other way would require alot of difficult coding...i don't even know how i'd do it :unsure:

Arrrgh! Oh well I'm on here almost everyday so shouldn't be needing it that much.

you need a RSS reader like thunderbird and you need to subscribe to the feed :unsure:

i need microsoft net framework 1.1?

install a rss reader.

subscribe to what feed? i see your upload links to begin with just trying to figure this out. sorry for all the questions.

nah, just thunderbird...i think :unsure:

any ways, you need to go to...

Tools > Account Settings > Add Account > RSS/News > [enter group name]

that will add a news section to the main account tree (left main screen). right click that and click manage subscribtions. now just click add and paste the RSS url in the box ;)

nah, just thunderbird...i think :unsure:

any ways, you need to go to...

Tools > Account Settings > Add Account > RSS/News > [enter group name]

that will add a news section to the main account tree (left main screen). right click that and click manage subscribtions. now just click add and paste the RSS url in the box ;)

IE user so im guessing thunderbird will not run with it. (thinking out loud) found a rss reader. i guess ill play with it this weekend first. is there any reason to use a rss reader and or with this site?

IE user so im guessing thunderbird will not run with it.  (thinking out loud)  found a rss reader.  i guess ill play with it this weekend first.  is there any reason to use a rss reader and or with this site?

How about you start and share your experiences bb :unsure:

is there any reason to use a rss reader and or with this site?

well, like me, i have thunderbird open all the time, set it to check all accounts every 5 minutes, and store them in an inbox. so you don't actually need to visit the site, or be at your computer for that matter, to get the news. i also have a rss plugin for trillian since it already checks my email, so i can check messages there too...no reason to have both open :frusty:

btw, thunderbird doesn't require anything, just install and it'll work ;)

Safari picked the RSS up. Thanks nsane, this site is getting better everyday. :frusty:

well, like me, i have thunderbird open all the time, set it to check all accounts every 5 minutes, and store them in an inbox. so you don't actually need to visit the site, or be at your computer for that matter, to get the news. i also have a rss plugin for trillian since it already checks my email, so i can check messages there too...no reason to have both open :frusty:

btw, thunderbird doesn't require anything, just install and it'll work ;)

so its basically an email post warning? so that you dont have to check the sites out. that it sends an email to you of new or what ever they got up on their site?

How about you start and share your experiences bb  ;)

im more of a newsgroup person. did the k++ - klr. fired it. started looking into bt's. try the exeemlite game until their web site went bye bye and lead me to nsane's.

i have learn that at the first sign of a harddrive messing up that you should move the stuff and shit can the harddrive. still looking into getting my 60-80 gb of japanese anima back from the sata harddrive. supposely you can reset the front ntsf partiation table with a backup one on the end of the harddrive.

you can collect a lot of computer harddware from the side of the road. but if you dont have the time afterwards to actualy piece meal the systems together you are wasting your time in the end and pissing off the wife. but the extra monitors are nice. in case you dont know about a new tax they have in certain usa states, ei CA, a tax on tvs, monitors, computers, cellphones to get rid of them. a tax to recycle is what it really is. evil democrat idea of course. all the recycle monitors get bought and shipped to china to come back as those little 13" tvs/combos vcr or dvd ones. and you wonder why they dont last :clap: (10 year old monitor being used in the making of new tvs, not a joke nor commit on or about chinese)

watching southpark at the moment. "Spontaneous Combustion", Episode #302.

Glad you solved the problems and hope you'll get back your anima.

About the 10 yrs old monitors is is being used for the new ones...is this serious? Is so, you meant we are now using the recycled old stuff from china or whatever country.

im not really getting into politics and don't know anything about the taxes sytem in your country but the taxes regulations to recycle is the cause (in my opinion)

Glad you solved the problems and hope you'll get back your anima. 

About the 10 yrs old monitors is is being used for the new ones...is this serious?  Is so, you meant we are now using the recycled old stuff from china or whatever country.

im not really getting into politics and don't know anything about the taxes sytem in your country but the taxes regulations to recycle is the cause (in my opinion)

hope to get the animation back. that was limewire pro that got me them.

im very serious about those old monitors. they had a whole news story on it.

i found when i pick up monitors on the side of the street, that half of them work. from old 13 - 19 inches. (note on a military housing installation so with people moving in and out its easy to find the stuff)

a tax to get rid of your old tv. you cant take it to the dumbs in state of CA anymore. the tax on the hardware sounds like a good idea. but like rubber tire tax and soda pop can/glass tax. its just to raise money for their pet projects. not to actually help the environment. the communist democrats now want a environment tax when you buy hardware of any kind. tax you on both ends. these sobs are even mad that cars get more miles to the gallon. so they are they are losing tax income from people not having to fill up as much each year. so the new tax that want in state of CA is like a mileage tax when you reg your car yearly. thats not flying well there.

so its basically an email post warning? so that you dont have to check the sites out. that it sends an email to you of new or what ever they got up on their site?

not really, more of a XML based listing system that lists the posts made since you last checked. here's a good example...

screen00019sc.th.png

Update: I've modded the script so replies don't bump topics back onto the rss feed. so you may get a few old topics that weren't listed because of some replies in older topics (like i just had the old spysweeper pop up in mine). should only happen once tho :frusty:

Nice idea to add RSS feature on the site

I'm using Maxthon and it detected RSS and registered it

I think its fine that the feed leads to the forum and not the actually download page

With this way, people would be able to read some extra stuff by member's post (comments, problems, release notes, etc) which could be helpful

Great work Nsane ProdZ! :P

Nice idea to add RSS feature on the site

I'm using Maxthon and it detected RSS and registered it

I think its fine that the feed leads to the forum and not the actually download page

With this way, people would be able to read some extra stuff by member's post (comments, problems, release notes, etc) which could be helpful

Great work Nsane ProdZ!  :P

And what happens in 6 months time when a new member joins and replies to a topic which is obviously out of date? I'll tell you what, we all get an RSS feed again. It's already happened once that I remember.

At least if it was possible to be ported to the download page, it was a once only view. Unfortunately it's not possible at this time.

Archived