Where you get your music from?

elohelomg

I asked this a long, long time ago, but meh. I'll ask again. Where do you get your music from?

I knew this webby, where people would upload awesome remixes and what not (awesome party music lasting an hour or so), but lost the source.

So, where do you get your music from, and, if you know a webby like the above, let me know :D

• Replies 12
  • Views 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Ambrocious

I have posted this before, it's honestly THE BEST music getting app for the PC, Mac and Linux. It's called Mielophone. Check it out:

diQOJ.jpg

Click here for detailed info on Mielophone

Mielophone is a simple desktop program for streaming music and downloading music (Excellent LimeWire replacement!) from open web sources such as z-music.ru, api.vk.com, LastFM.com, and other places. Mielophone is not a P2P application so there is no need to fear being tracked or traced from downloading or listening to any of the music.

With the remarkable feature of being able to see full album and artist info and cover art, you can easily download your favorite music, song by song or choose to download the entire album. Mielophone allows you to see not only the artist info but also what other artists that are similar to the artist you are listening to so you can look into those artists if you want to.

Even though the main website http://mielophone.com/ is gone, this application still works like a charm. If you like this application, please share it with friends and family!

This also works as a portable app.

bar.jpg

GENERAL EXAMPLE

4C9CZ.png

WDfcM.png

bar.jpg

QUALITY EXAMPLE:

G0CbD.png

jcYla.jpg

DOWNLOAD :

FOR INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS, CLICK HERE

FileServe

MediaFire

MegaUpload

HotFile

bar.jpg

MIRROR INSTALLER - SIZE 1.26 MB

Mirror Installer - MegaUpload

Mirror Installer - MediaFire

Mirror Installer - FileServe

Mirror Installer - HotFile

Installation of Adobe AIR Required For Mirror Installers

I knew this webby, where people would upload awesome remixes and what not (awesome party music lasting an hour or so), but lost the source.

Gives me the chill :fear:

Torrents :D :P

This would be my source also (mind you I'm buying a lot of CD's as well)

Edit:

This months purchases

lWA5O.jpg

check out fratmusic.com...awesome webby, but no effing way to download their songs. Amazing songs though :D

Linux user here...any .deb install for it?

karachidude

jalaffa and toyo are the best people to ask :D

I suppose it's about Mielophone, if there's a Linux version? I don't use Linux (well I have a Ubuntu 11.04 VM but it's just for fun, I'm not into it at all). And I don't use Mielophone. All my music comes from Google search / trackers. I also don't listen to any radio - I don't want any DJ to decide what I should listen to next. I can do it myself.

majithia23

torrents it is if i want and can find a complete album in good quality ....

for single mp3's i like two apps ,

they both are excellent for easy downloading without any hassles --

>>Songr

just pop in the song you want , click search and it would search all the web ( esp the music search engines .. ) and display you the results .....

plenty of options along with the bit rates ,

click the download and you are done .

if it fails ,

just copy the link url and drop it in IDM or any of your preferred download managers and it will be done ... ;)

second one is

>>Groovedown

just search the grooveshark music engine with this app for your song ,

if found , just download it .

Pandora music station is also an excellent radio station suggesting you songs based upon your preferred songs DNA .

like,,, ask it to play a song of your like , and then it would suggest you songs which are almost identical to the one you are already playing .

and the suggested songs are really quite similar to ones taste .

i find it quite ingenious in discovering new songs .... ;) :)

( although only available for US , it works perfectly with proxies ,,,, unlike Hulu .... )

• 1 month later...
kopierkatze

I get my music usually from Usenet.

It's by far the fastest and easiest way. Most Usenet providers have a retention of ~1000 days nowadays, so you can easily download anything that has been posted in the past three years.

Searching is very easy and downloading is very fast, and you don't have to cope with dead torrents or ad-bloated web services ever again...

Usenet=paid service. People pirate stuff because they don't want to pay :)

motograter

Corebay.com is community forum for all your electronic music FREE TECHNO || TRIBE || TEKNO || HARDTEK || DRUM'N BASS || JUNGLE || DUBSTEP || BREAKBEAT || HARDCORE || GABBER || FRENCHCORE || MAINSTREAM || OLDSCHOOL || TERROR || SPEEDCORE || NOISE || CHIPTUNE || BREAKCORE || SYNTHPOP || TECHNO || HARD TECHNO || ACID || SCHRANZ || PSYTRANCE || GOATRANCE || PSYCHEDELIC || HAPPY, UK HARDCORE || HARDSTYLE || JUMPSTYLE || HOUSE || TRANCE || MINIMAL || DANCE || IDM || ELECTRO || EXPERIMENTAL || AMBIENT || EBM || OTHER

sign up is free and you can download files from rapidshare, megaupload, mediafire etc.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived