Forums Problem

SacredCultivator

SacredCultivator

Dear Readers,

Sorry wasn't too sure where to post this..

Well recently... Our Webdesigner chose to change the Skin to our forums... Which shouldn't affect anything really except the appearance... But strangely it caused a few of the Categories int eh Forums to NOT work, and some did... I mean you could easily just search for a specific thread and that worked...

Tried changing the Skin back to the default IPB Pro one... But that didn't seem to have fixed the problem... So it means the webmaster tweaked some other setting.

First Error we get was getting the error:

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: topic_rating() in /home/eletr3/public_html/ou/forums/sources/action_public/forums.php on line 1620

Which is similar to this persons problem (Scroll down till in bold you see a similar error)

http://://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtopic.p...&view=print

We decided to just leave it alone... but a few hours after... We can't even access the FrontPage/ Forums... and are led to this screen:

http://www.hello-fansubs.com/

My question is... This can be 'fixed' without any sort of lost information correct?

I just want to be assured of that, as again the thing I am a bit angered about is.. BOTH the Webmaster + the person in close contact with him are both near impossible to reach.. So I can't simply ask them to fix it, although that is all I can do...

So yeah was just wanting to know if I need to worry about this or not.. as I am still trying to reach the Webmaster to get this resolved...

Thanks.

• Replies 4
  • Views 976
  • Created
  • Last Reply
SacredCultivator

@Lite: Well it is back up and not too sure what the problem was awaiting for the Admin to post up what the problem was as he just said it is 'fixed'... But yeah curious as to what the problem was... Knowing that before the skin change, the rating mod was already installed and worked fine.

SacredCultivator

Well problem was infact the Rating System Mod... Thanks and yeah will notify Admin to upgrade if able.

Archived