Last one to post here wins a prize #4

Lite

I actually saved my fan with 5W-30.. no joke..

bearing in the fan. makes sense, go get a can of lithium grease (like WD40 but different type of product) at your local car parts store/revy ect... will probably work better.

NOOOO!!!!!

why?- all of them spay-on types GT85; WD40 etc are gumming up (become rubber/plastic/filth) in any bearing or even moving application. They are good for loosening rusty nuts, and protection of suitable surfaces only!

Take my very experienced advice for it!

• Replies 669
  • Views 38.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is why I used a pure synthetic...( viscosity breakdown, effect by dust ) and a tiny amount to coat for simple lubrication between the plastic fan and small parts..coated the spindle which if i am right is not supposed to come out that easily anyway.. :P

WD40 is an oil/silicone based and is a "liquid". lithium grease is actually a grease lol and its state is "semi-dry" (if that makes any sense, im not sure what its base is) it sticks. we use it on work on moving parts like door hinges and others (automotive)

you could also try a graphite grease it is "dry", it would probably be better than either of the other two

WD40 is an oil/silicone based. lithium grease is actually a grease lol (if that makes any sense, im not sure what its base is) it sticks. we use it on work on moving parts. (automotive)

Well grease is a whole 'other' ball game IMO.. it is usually used in situations where you have low heat and low rate of friction/force.. ( older suspensions for example.. heavy equipment.. skid loaders, tractor pivot points.. mount points for hydraulics..so..on.. ) I would not recommend it for high revs or strenuous situations in which it will become a liquid anyway.. and with low power..gum up or inhibit free revolution or free range of centrifugal force.. ) Same reason for a change over the years from grease in a rear-end to an oil...Lithium grease .. I am not for sure what it is used for exactly but.. have had my issues with it.. I don't like it.. :P

Some dry lubricants can be best .. and I believe it is what I originally wiped off of my fan to begin with.. which caused the problem.. always thought about graphite..( small amount dusted on ) but then about its conductivity..if any.. and making contact with the board in any way.. ( though the fan is an electromagnetic setup..)

• Administrator

I used sewing machine oil (twice) for my dead GPU fan. Saw about 5-10 top rated professional youtube videos to conclude that yes, this is the right thing. :P

I used sewing machine oil (twice) for my dead GPU fan. Saw about 5-10 top rated professional youtube videos to conclude that yes, this is the right thing. :P

Like I said, I always keep a can handy. But what do I know? ;)

Drop of good quality oil, when in near desperate situation (V V Very noisy)- OK,

@ Lite, is it like talking about your girlfriend?

lite, you need to do something about the system mate.

I am getting unlucky because of the page number!

And I felt that the prize winner would be on the 13th page!

Next target --> Page 19 ! ;0

lite, you need to do something about the system mate.

I am getting unlucky because of the page number!

And I felt that the prize winner would be on the 13th page!

Next target --> Page 19 ! ;0

I know!

Delete your post :P

Troll physics: :P Posted Image

Posted Image

couldnt help but Troll .... :troll: ..

( good ones )

Troll gone wrong --- :troll:

Posted Image

Posted Image

beat this ..... :troll:

Posted Image

whose trolling whom ------ :troll:--------------------- !!

Posted Image

Archived