Those Damn Rogue Viruses

elohelomg

I remember back in the day (im not that old, so maybe oh a year ago), when those rouge viruses would hit, I have this particular website that had a mini fix to get rid of em'.

I'm not sure if you remember, but I believe hwen Malware Defender (the rouge) came out, this tiny.exe was around, all you had to do was click it, and it worked its magic and removed all of it for you.

I was wondering, is there a faster way such as this quick fix i talk about to remove those damn rouges? I'm getting tired of scanning constantly and using 4-5 scanners to make sure.

Any suggestions?

• Replies 4
  • Views 912
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Moved from Software Chat and corrected the "rouge" in the title ;) Now it's your responsibility to correct the text :P

Other than that, I haven't the slightest idea what you're talking about. I'm using only KIS and scanned with other stuff from time to time (once/year or so), only to find no infections.

Moved from Software Chat and corrected the "rouge" in the title ;) Now it's your responsibility to correct the text :P

Other than that, I haven't the slightest idea what you're talking about. I'm using only KIS and scanned with other stuff from time to time (once/year or so), only to find no infections.

I mean on an already infected computer....there was a fix for it. It was a simple .exe that opened up a command prompt, and just deleted/restored the settings and what not that the rouge put in to begin with.

Archived