Need help to reset a trial

Chronon

Hi, I'm new to these forums and have a one thing I'd need some help with. (I'll definitely try to help someone as well, if I can ^^)

I just found out that a software called MacDrive 8 could fix one of my problems on my Mac Partition of this MacBook. I installed the software but looks like I've already used the trial quite long time ago for a different purpose and would need a new trial. Wouldn't prefer to do anything more shady because I only need to test the software one more time and quite possibly buy a serial if I get my OSX working again.

I tried to use Trial-Reset 4.0 to get my MacDrive 8 trial reset but I really can't tell which one of these registry keys is the right one to delete.

(The last thing I'd want is to get my OSX-screwing Windows XP, screwed up as well...)

Any help to detect the right key is appreciated.

• Replies 4
  • Views 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Easiest way is to download this and follow instructions carefully. http://bit.ly/7fJKxY

Thanks, I'm sure that would work but I'd prefer not to pirate any software for now. Just want to tweak my machine a bit for a second trial*. I understand if this kind of information is rare because most people are interested in pirating their software after using up a trial.

*I know it's quite grey area and definitely the harder way around the trial, but I don't want to ruin my idea of buying it later ^.^

@Chronon: Extending the initial trial for more than the developer/publisher intended qualifies 100% as "pirating".

@Chronon: Extending the initial trial for more than the developer/publisher intended qualifies 100% as "pirating".

Well guess you are right even though I definitely would have done it only once. The thing is that I know I'll be less eager to buy it if I have continuously working copy on my computer already and I wouldn't get anything for paying.

That's my problem actually so lets leave it here. Thanks for the replies.

Archived