Nima

50 members have voted

1. 1. Do you use last.fm?

• Yes, I use it.
    • No, I don't like it.
    • No, but I'm going to use it one day.
    • I don't know what last.fm is.

Hello all,

I am member of last.fm website and I really like it.

Searched the forum and found nothing related poll about it.

Just wanted to know who use this website and it's services.

Guys, if you are a member, don't forgot to give us your profile link ;).

We can also create a group dedicated to nsane members. ^_^

My profile: http://www.last.fm/user/nima1024 :wub:

To people who don't know last.fm:

It's a website that track your musics and collects information about your music taste, your favorite artists, suggest you new band/artist and let you download some tracks and also listen to non-stop music radio station.

Thanks,

Nima

• Replies 21
  • Views 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I like the idea of the nsane group. I voted only for "No", since I'm neutral on the "like" part - I never tried it.

I like the idea of the nsane group. I voted only for "No", since I'm neutral on the "like" part - I never tried it.

I suggest you to try, you'll like it ;).

Since I listen to music mostly off the internet it would not make much sense using it I guess.

• Administrator

Have an account there. But joint only on name of free radio, which was later removed for people living outside US, UK and Germany.

Seems pretty one sided? I saw tons of what.cd/waffles profiles with last.fm links, must be at least OK...

PurplebeanZ

I've tried it but it just doesnt cut it against Pandora :stereo:

Question: Is it possible to listen on this site (with free account) to whole albums? Or to make playlists from multiple artists etc? What are the limitations of a free account? What format is the music you can listen to?

I would rather not make another account, I already have many... only if its features would be very good.

well, if I want radio- RadioSure(with recording etc)

if I want albums- Purchas****

purc***...

DL'ng them! :ph34r:

Question: Is it possible to listen on this site (with free account) to whole albums? Or to make playlists from multiple artists etc? What are the limitations of a free account? What format is the music you can listen to?

I would rather not make another account, I already have many... only if its features would be very good.

There is no any "pro" version, the thing you can only pay for is "subscription" that give you some shitty extra features and enhanced radio version.

What do you mean from whole albums? let me explain for you the system, last.fm works in this way that you select a "station" and it plays the tracks randomly, these stations are either artist based like, "Pink Floyd station" or tag-based like "Classic rock station", you can not listen to one album from one artist and all tracks in it only (even in subscribed version of radio), and yes, there is this feature to select multiple artist and get music from them and even there is multi tag feature like Classic rock and Progressive rock combo.

There are also 3 personal stations, Your library (musics you have listened and know them), Your mix (music you know + new music), Your recommendation (new musics based on your taste).

You can also listen to others station and get musics that they have listened in their library.

There is no limitations with free accounts, cause there is only one account and it's free, that subscription accounts only give you useless features (Link).

There is only 1 format and that is MP3 128 Kbps, low I know but not very bad.

Thank you very much for all the info, +1. It's unusable for me because the 128 kbps format, I have monitor speakers thought to enhance things as artefacts and detail, practically anything below 192 kbps is killing my ears if it's music (I can live with voice or movie stuff at this bitrate though)

I use it only for these reasons:

1) It keeps tabs on what music I like so I can easily share with friends without a lot of typing (lazy :P)

2) It recommends new music/artists/albums to me as well as concerts it thinks I should attend based on my music taste.

That's it lol but I do love the whole concept of the website.

karachidude

I don't know what last.fm is B)

For those of you outside of the US, UK and Germany who want to enjoy free music that suits your taste, check out this (simple) guide:

• 2 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

i don't know this.. but i will try :D

i already try last.fm thanks its cool

Archived