Best monitor settings

mrkool123

I recently got a new lg E2240s 22 inch 1920 X 1080.The default brightness was 100 and contrast 70.This was too bright for my eyes.I reduced it brightness 6 and contrast 10.But my screen is kinda whitish and still strain my eyes a little.The monitor is set to its native resolution 1920 X1080.What are the best settings i can set it too?I know it has to do with personal preference,but any suggestions would be helpful.

• Replies 5
  • Views 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well I would make sure your driver and screen settings in windows were at default.. drivers and all thats needed .. not all the unnecessary bloatware.. Then.. just like everyone else.. LOL... go through the settings and check them out.. You may also need separate settings for day and night situations.. common issue I have several different levels on mine..

There usually is a panel or control for this in your computer as well.. but tart with defaults and tune it in a little at a time.. you find you can't work it out n the monitor then tr fine tuning with windows.. you may have to go back and forth a few times as well..

If you find your having trouble with all monitors you may want to consult with a doctor.. headaches, fatigue.. migraines, light sensitivity.. long hours behind a computer... tends to sort of point to something else.. so just a thought.

You will never be able to properly calibrate a non-pro monitor on tests like the one from lagom. To make a setting work, you will most probably "break" another, and so on... it's the TN panel. They should work OK for movies and games though.

There are hardware calibrators available for 100 USD-ish, you could buy one of these toys so you can extract the most performance from the monitor. You can check Spyder3Express for an example.

You will never be able to properly calibrate a non-pro monitor on tests like the one from lagom. To make a setting work, you will most probably "break" another, and so on... it's the TN panel. They should work OK for movies and games though.

There are hardware calibrators available for 100 USD-ish, you could buy one of these toys so you can extract the most performance from the monitor. You can check Spyder3Express for an example.

will using the nvidia control panel to adjust your monitor brightness and contrast,instead of the buttons on the monitor,affect the quality?

Better use the monitor OSD, leave driver settings on default/0 if possible.

Archived