Box, Mara- fix 1.3

kvsk

Can anybody tell me if box, mara fix 1.3 does not make any changes to nod32 files, why it is asking me to disable self defence of nod32?

If it only changes some registry settings, why box, mara was not created using reg. editor like Triology, IORRT etc so that not a single antivirus detects it as virus.

Box, mara fix 1.3 is also password protected. So what is the difference between writer of the this fix and software engineers of nod and microsoft etc. It looks like writer of the fix is hiding something behind the password which is suspicious to me.

Secondly, where and what changes it make to my system. I am running Win 7 32bit. NOD is my favourite and I am tired of formatting my system every month just to use nod32. I am not a programmer or cracker. I am new here and above questions may look silly to someone but I am really curious to know the answers before using box, mara fix. You me ask me to purchase the nod32 if I do not trust this fix. But if I was able to purchase this software then I was not writing this post.

Thanks for replying and sorry for my bad English.

• Replies 2
  • Views 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator

Staff Note: Moved to Software Chat.

First of all, welcome to the forums. :)

The latest version of box, mara- fix is v1.4, it can be found here.

I believe ESET doesn't allow changing it's registry keys when it's self defense is running. The fix is created in AutoIt! which is quite easy to learn and implement, one of the reasons many coders use them. The reason AVs catch it is because it's protected. What will happen if it's not protected? People will rip it and release it on their own name. As it's protected, AVs can't scan inside it, hence they mark is as a false positive without looking into it.

The only changes it does is make few registry edits, and if you select watermark removal, it patches egui.exe file.

Both box and mara- are two of the most trustable fix/app makers out there. I'm myself using box, mara- fix from more than two years now. It's far from any suspicions. ;)

DKT is correct. ESETs self-defense prohibits any changes to its registry keys, so it has to be disabled in order to make changes to these registry keys ;)

The archive is password protected to disallow ESET from scanning inside of it while downloading. Our proxy system disables downloading the same file within 20 minutes for security reasons, so if ESET would block the file (when it is not password protected) you would have to wait for 20 minutes before you could disable ESET and download it again. We felt password protecting the archive is a better approach ;)

You're English is pretty good, actually :)

Archived